'closed water madness'

sweresy

In trying to find water away from Brissy river's mud slide ive been sussing out some closed lake systems and 'lock and weir' canals that are situated down the coast.... so far i've seen/caught Trevally, XL Jacks, GH, Bream, Mullet, Long Toms and now this....

caught on 6lb/ Jackall Squirrel did the damage... sorry bout the average photo (phone). It seems incredible to me that these waterways hold surprising amounts of good quality fish :huh:

cheers Sweresy

post-4796-144598569793_thumb.jpg

I'm keen mate! i sold my canoe though arrgghhhhh!! I'll be on foot but I'm sussing out some spots that look pretty good via nearmap and google earth. Its amazing how many spots like CIW there are that actually hold BIG fish, also interesting searching a few old posts in" Breammaster" re. landlocked lakes ;)

i cut my teeth fishing that system- it's a real sportsman's paradise now they have stocked it with bass. the bream have always been in certain spots, big mullet and tarpon are in there as well and i have seen a few giant something or others that could have been stingrays and could have been sharks. An excellent lack of catfish but lots of eels!

Archived