Is this permit still valid?

Gary Busey

post-8705-144598569804_thumb.jpg

I got this boat a month ago and it has this sticker for Somerset.

By the looks of it, it's valid til 6 June 2011.

Could someone confirm this for me please?

If it is valid, would I need any other papers or anything, or is the sticker all I need.

I do realize I would need a fishing permit in addition (and that the dam is closed at the moment).

Thanks.

I would check with the authority on this one....It is the boat permit that has been paid for....give them the number, tell them you've bought the boat and go from there, they may reissue a receipt in your name for the balance of the permit (copy of rego transfer may be required for proof).

In saying that, it is governemnt, so good luck...but wont hurt to ask.

That's a good point.

Definately worth asking, despite the governments hunger for ripping people off :).

Not that I don't think the $ in this case would go to a good cause. I just figured if it's still valid it would be a good chance to check out the dam and see if a renewal is worh it for me.

Like you said, doesn't hurt to ask.

Appreciate it.

If anyone was wondering,

It would have been possible to tranfer the permit that came with my boat from the previous owner's name to my name. But after they looked into it the old owner had decided to transfer it to his new boat.

I did appreciate the very friendly call from SEQWATER and the fact that they DID actually check it out for me.

If anyone was wondering,

It would have been possible to tranfer the permit that came with my boat from the previous owner's name to my name. But after they looked into it the old owner had decided to transfer it to his new boat.I did appreciate the very friendly call from SEQWATER and the fact that they DID actually check it out for me.

999 times out of 1000 that`s how it works out.

Archived