restricted profile

Eug

hi webby,

just noticed that the viewing of profiles is restricted unless you are a friend. while i can appreciate the privacy aspect of this, it makes it difficult to go through the user's activity or obtain any details especially if you are trying to determine the legitimacy of a user selling something through the forums.

a degree of caveat must be excerised when purchasing and i feel this somewhat detracts from the open nature of the forum, users can share as much as they feel like entering into profiles but if it's only restricted to friends then it's kind of pointless from a buy/sell perspective.

cheers

eug

I think that's a setting the user chooses, Eug. Have you tried clicking on a few users that are not on your friend list ?

I can view most profiles, but where someone is paranoid there is very little available to view.

Personally I would treat any seller with a private profile the same way I would treat an ebay seller that hides their feedback/score - i.e. "Next Seller !"

As Brian mentioned it is a User Preference as to how they set their Privacy Settings.

A member may make their profile viewable to anyone (ie non-afo member), afo members only, afo friends only, or just themselves.

Hope this helps clarify it :)

Archived