Boggy surprise pb 65cm and sharks 12/2

wesfish

sorry just can not help it :silly: :lol:

with the coomera going to be hit hard on the weekend just gone i decided i would go to boggy and play with the bullie.

we did not have to wait to long before the sharks came out to play, i was first on with a great bully going 110cm. a few pics and release.

next the 100lb handline takes off down the sand, i grab it and nearly had my arms ripped off but then busted off, i bring the line back in expecting to see the mono busted but no the 200lb wire is clean cut :huh::( oh well i need to up grade wire lol

a few more runs and misses before i hook something that i thought was a shark until i get it closer to discover a great surprise

a pb tailor going 65cm :woohoo: :( wish it was a jack that size :silly:

not long after this i land another shark of 110cm with 2 yakkers watching on.

a lil later and michael is on and its a strong fight, he lands his pb shark going 122cm :woohoo:

from here we had a few more misses and called it quits.

the tailor were busting up the bait every where and was a shock to get a decent one out of boggy

cheers forr reading

wes

post-4300-144598574234_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598574239_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598574242_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598574247_thumb.jpg

post-4300-14459857425_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598574254_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598574258_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598574261_thumb.jpg

good session again mate...awesome tailor too...been tellin some old blokes at work bout the tailor getting in boggy atm and they say years ago in the late 70's and early 80's they were there this time every year but havent seen em there like that since then...maybe the flushout was a good thing??

good session again mate...awesome tailor too...been tellin some old blokes at work bout the tailor getting in boggy atm and they say years ago in the late 70's and early 80's they were there this time every year but havent seen em there like that since then...maybe the flushout was a good thing??
a good thing indeed as alot of the silt and crap has been flushed away, and with the release over the next week it will aid the river even more. can not wait til winter when the rains are less to see how clear the entire river gets, i reckon kooka will be really clear!!

its good to know of a close by tailor spot over summer :)

Nice PB on the tailor mate but it looks a bit lean onthe mat or was it just the shadows in the photo and good to see the bullies are looking very healthy nice report
he is missing his anal fin and a bit more from either another tailor or shark at some stage in his life. i did not notice til i put the pics on the computer.

Archived