Recreational Fishing Dollars

Gad

While looking on the Fisheries Research and Development Corporation’s website

www.frdc.com.au ,I came across this info.

Recreational Sector

Australian’s enjoy a wide range of recreational fisheries – from northern estuaries for Barramundi, to southern waters for snapper and King George Whiting, and inland waters for trout and native fish such as Murray Cod.

About 80 per cent of the recreational catch is from salt water – in estuaries, off beaches and from the ocean. The remaining 20 per cent is fished from fresh water – from rivers, lakes, dams and ponds.

Recreational fishing is a huge activity in Australia with about 3.5 million people fishing each year. It is also big business with anglers spending about $650 million just on tackle. That doesn’t include the $2.5 billion spend on boats 4x4 vehicles, accommodation, travel, charters, and all the other accessories.

post-7727-144598575331_thumb.jpg

try telling this to fisheries when you own a charter business and they are trying to send you broke with the closure for snapper including trag jew and pearl perch which aernt threatened.

Now they are trying to tell us that we can catch about 3 kg of snapper per boat a week, I think ill go back to being a recreational fisherman , I could catch more fish.

Labour governments have no idea about business and what they put back into the community.

They just like to give money away with no idea were it comes from.

Regards

Warwick Maclean and Robyn Sullivan

owners of

Buckat List Fishing Charters

warwick@buckatlistcharters.com.au

www.buckatlistcharters.com.au

[attachment=30000]P1000161.JPG[/attachment]

try telling this to fisheries when you own a charter business and they are trying to send you broke with the closure for snapper including trag jew and pearl perch which aernt threatened.

Now they are trying to tell us that we can catch about 3 kg of snapper per boat a week, I think ill go back to being a recreational fisherman , I could catch more fish.

Labour governments have no idea about business and what they put back into the community.

They just like to give money away with no idea were it comes from.

Regards

Warwick Maclean and Robyn Sullivan

owners of

Buckat List Fishing Charters

warwick@buckatlistcharters.com.au

www.buckatlistcharters.com.au

+ one

They just like to give money away with no idea were it comes from......

Not true. They know where it comes from. It comes from new or increased taxes (or other sneaky names for taxes) :dry: :whistle: :blink:

....but that's a philosophical point for another day :pinch:

Note that it appears,those figures do not include,government fee`s-rego`s,fishing permits/license`s,boat courses/license`s,VHF licences,insurances etc.

The sad part is with that amount of dollars from rec fisho`s alone going into the economy the fishing/boating groups who say they represent the rec fisho`s voice are so divided and self interested,they often help the rec fisho get the pointed end of the shafting stick.

Archived