NPD 18/2/11 Bag full..

rayke1938

Had a reasonable day at NPD today with Jimmybob and Jords initiating them into the finer points of the fine art of redclawing.

In between pulling the pots we tied up to a tree and caught around 30 odd gar and 3 smallish tilapia.

Ended up with a mail bag nearly full of claw.

Cant upload video via site but its ok via photobucket.

th_P2180788.jpg

Sh!t what are we gunna

do with all these.

post-230-144598575711_thumb.jpg

Bit of a problem when we got back to the ramp as the bag was too heavy to lift out of the boat to divvy up the catch so we filled up the eskies in the boat and then had to bag the rest up in garbage bags.

Thanks for the company and I hope you enjoyed yourselves. I know it did.

Cheers

Ray

Cheers for today Ray! Was good to get out on the dam and be shown a thing or two, just a shame we couldn't get into a few bass. Now have more then enough claw for myself and just about everyone i've ever met! spent the afternoon with a few beers tailing them, looks like a good feed :)

Nice report guys, glad you's had a top day. When I've learned myself a bit of the freshwater basics I hope to get out there with some of you, one day down the track.

I picked up my pb 26 from the banks of wivenhoe landbased yesterday, nothing like the great numbers you guys get with the right know how, but its great fun.

post-180-144598575808_thumb.jpg

post-180-144598575813_thumb.jpg

Thank you Ray! that was a great experience! i cant belive how sussed you got the redclawin, the bait setup,the boat setup the driving setup. and how the hell do see those damn ropes!?

ray the cray machine!

i ended up giving some to my neighbour, my family, my mates and even while i was at my dads, i tipped the esky out on the lawn and every kid in the damn neighboourhood was filling their helmets up to take some! was funny as!

ray , my dad wants to come out there one day with ya, he has claw fever now..

was also cool to meet a jords for the first time, we gotta go for a fish real soon mate, nice to meet ya!

ray once again, thanx heaps for the day, and thanx heaps for the 1000 redclaw!!!

next time, im bring a frypan! with ray making his coffe on the back of the tinnie, im sure he could whip up some redclaw stir fry too! :P

That sounds good but the problem is that we are not allowed to clean catch on the water.

Is your dad on the site? If so get him to pm me and is he avail through week?

Cheers

Ray

i know there is a hundred ways to do it and everybody has their own way, but his is how i like to eat em.

split em longways,pull the poo chute out, brush with garlic/chilli butter and top with finley grated cheese..then put on hot bbq plate/grill and close the lid for like 2-3 mins..then eat it like a moreton bay bug..pretty good.the brains are even ok when cooked this way..maybe i have been hanging out with kiwi too long!!! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived