fishing caboolture

Jordan

hey all, today at work, i was given the news that i will have to make the long exhausting trip to caboolture, so instead of slapping the women, i decided to try and make some good out of the situation. im going to go up and do the work on sunday, and if theres a river or something nearby im going to have a fish while im there instead of going all the way there for my 10 minutes work and coming back. i was told bribie is nearby, is that true? and are there any canals or rivers close by any one has had some luck with? any help would be very much appriciated and karmad ofcourse.

jordan mate....bribie is 10mins from the holy city of caboolture:P ...i reckon you would like the \"loch\"...head toeards the bongaree jetty and when ya cross a little bridge look to ya left.there you will see a fenced off concrete structure...thats the loch...im sure if anyone can get a late season jackoutta there it will be you;)

Donnybrooks a great spot to fish as I have a little secret spot there and its great for a throw.....

Bream,flathead and the muddies are some of the biggest I've seen in a long time and taste damn good too....;)

Forgot to mention that I bagged 2 mangrove jacks around 40cm there too...

Post edited by: Dazzamcgee, at: 2007/05/22 18:46

Anytime Jimmy!!!

Well being a NSW boy Ive never had the opportunity to fish for Jacks before...

So when I moved up here thats all I fished for and when I bagged the first one which by the way took a long time to get I felt like a True Queenslander fisherman......:)

Since getting that first Jack they seem to be pretty ezy to find but damn hard to get them out of their hidy holes....:pinch:

yea ive got some old mates who fish there and bag out everytime on fish, we used to go to a place call erolls island, not sure what it was really called but thats where i first started fishing, u needed a boat to get there though and u culd only get there at high tide. im wondering wether i should bring the yak and try and get some good fish, or just relax and catch up with the people there. who knows, i mite actually get a good fish off that jetty! last time i was there though the area around the caravan park had been raped by trawlers and bogans who ignored bag limits, it was suffering pretty bad!

Don't care who wins:angry: don't follow the sport:angry: makes you feel sick:sick: :angry: just when I was starting to like you dazz......no just joking, go the mighty maroons.....we are going to s#*%! all over the blues tomorrow night.QUEEEEEENSLAAAAANDERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by: Bud, at: 2007/05/22 20:38

Bud wrote:

Don't care who wins:angry: don't follow the sport:angry: makes you feel sick:sick: :angry: just when I was starting to like you dazz......no just joking, go the mighty maroons.....we are going to s#*%! all over the blues tomorrow night.QUEEEEEENSLAAAAANDERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />Post edited by: Bud, at: 2007/05/22 20:38

Actually I had league, I prefer it when the Blues win, the game does not get a mention on radio, TV or at work the next day then!

Archived