Firebird strike again... (kingies, ambo, wahoo etc

Shimanobwoie

We left the harbour around 5ish and headed across the bay with classed out conditions. Started the troll at one of marks and troll to so a spot where we knew was kingies. First drop Ambo around the 8 to 9 kg mark on 300grm jigs. next drop same thing and i missed a good kingie on jig i lost him about 30mtrs from the boat i think it was a poor hookup. We had a couple more drops with a few hits and misses and a large tangle at the end. pulled the heavy game gear back out and trolled out to our deep deep mark and got reports over the radio of a mates boat that was jigging at the same spot that had 2 hook-ups with bills and 2 dollies we made the decision to continue to our mark. A mile from a mark a big game bost hooked a big billy we could see the jumps from where we were. I think they said it was 220kg ( from the weight id say it was a blue). Got to our mark and drop the electrics out with the whole mullets i caught the day before. Got a snag on one of the electrics i was looking after and from the depth and the show on the sounder we mangaged a fish from the snag got it close to the boat and another line must of hit the fish off but after a few skillful moves from the skipper we gaffed him from the surface. Second drift same thing happened and a big flametail was boated. long story abit shorter trolled abit more got a wahoo and came into another to jig and i managed around 10kg kingie guy had 2 good ojnes on and dropped them after short fish. Came into shallows and got a 9Yr old boy a few fish. moses, moon wrasse(which was put back into the water), red throat emp and a hussar which was also put back into the water to fight another day......

So you AFOers out there come on a trip on the boat send pm and will send you the link for the charter.

P.S Photos will be uploaded soonish

Archived