Expanding shelters - Good and bad?

bootyinblue

I bought a spinifex brand one with the fly screen, thd problem with the mesh is its to fine and hardly any breeze gets through and it gets to hot inside, I now only use it when camping in winter (pain in the backside when I bought it for summer and the million mozzies and flies that are around this time of year )

Bought a Ruff-It from BigW a while ago. It's great. Easy up easy down. Small tarp hung from a side or corner for a wind/weather break; shade cloth for screen.

You sat under it at SoO last year. Jeff and I shared it at Mondy last year - just thru the sleeping bags under.

Wheeled bag sits nicely over the wheel arch and under tray height on the Navara.

you talking about those gazebos greg? with some brands you can get them with removable walls, i'd also go for one which has provisions for guy ropes if you're going to use it for camping a bit.

the camping shops should have a few, rob's camping bloke down at yatala does oztrail stuff at a good price!

• 1 month later...

Quick follow up on this one....

Came down to 3m x 3m BCF standard at $199, BCF Deluxe at $249 or the SuperCheap Auto Deluxe on special at the moment for $124.

Thinking BCF and Supercheap are same company, both shelters are called 'Deluxe', I wonder if they are the same..... so had a closer look at both and yep, you will save $75 on the exact same shelter purchasing from Supercheap.

/>http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/SCA-Gazebo-Deluxe-3m-x-3m-Blue.aspx?pid=225299#Description

we got one from reject shop at Orion shopping centre ,it was on special 50$ ,usual price 99$.

its steel frame ,thought it mite be to heavy but no its ok ,but then cause the steel frame is so thin and light i thought it mite bend ,but didn't.

we used it at wave brake wanderers do ,just pegged down none of the guide ropes used .

it held up well ,even on Sunday after lunch it got mega windy and it stayed up and didn't bend .

post-4394-144598589375_thumb.jpg

homemart at booval have them at 79$,Mrs reckons they look the same as the one we got .mite be worth a look.

• 4 months later...
Quick follow up on this one....

Came down to 3m x 3m BCF standard at $199, BCF Deluxe at $249 or the SuperCheap Auto Deluxe on special at the moment for $124.

Thinking BCF and Supercheap are same company, both shelters are called 'Deluxe', I wonder if they are the same..... so had a closer look at both and yep, you will save $75 on the exact same shelter purchasing from Supercheap.

/>http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/SCA-Gazebo-Deluxe-3m-x-3m-Blue.aspx?pid=225299#Description

THought I would bump this as summer season will be approaching soon. Was in Supercheap and they have them on special again at the moment for $127.... I know up $3 from last time.

Have used mine quite a bit now and cant fault it, although some waterproofing spray over the seams would be an ideal modification.

Archived