Rod and Reel combo Screaming Reels

screaming reels

The two new combos we have are a Wahoo 8000 grafted to a 6'3" 2 piece Jig King and a Pro jigger on a 6'3" 2 piece Slimmax Jigging Rod.

The First combo is the Wahoo 8000 Extremely suitable for all your heavy duty jigging and popping would have to be one of the best gut wrenching Game Spinning Reels i have ever used in a long time. When i hit the water this is the first piece of tackle i will grab for , The Wahoo 8000 Game Spinning reel is Built for freight train Kingies , samson , sharks , big GT's , Tuna even small marlin. I've used this combo on a lot of fishing trips here in the Far North and never had a problem with it to date with the 30 KG drag that is more than what the average fishermen or women would need and stainless gearing there is plenty of grunt in this reel to take on just about anything . Built for the kill with high strength aluminium body , large capacity cnc spool , precision cut screw in cnc power handle , power drag system with 10 piece T300 carbon washer , maximum drag force power is 30 KG , 9 ball bearing system with one way clutch bearing , water proof system construction .

Line capacity : 60/430M - 70/355 - 80/310

The Jig king by Lemax is truely in its own class of rods built as a solid rod which makes it an excellent rod for those who are just getting into the jigging side of fishing , not like your graphite rods the Jig King is a bit heavier , that to me means strength and durability for this rod in particular comes with Graphite reel seat , SIC guides , stainless gimbal and a very nice looking rod the 60-80 lb has a max jig weight of 300g

The second combo is the Pro jigger and the Slimmax jigging rod great for some light jigging

This Pro Jigger is a mini sized crane . One hell of a little jigging reel that wieghs only 400g . This is one reel that does not sit long on the shelf , Plenty of power in this little reel which sits in the palm of your hand. The Pro Jigger's twin-position machine-cut power handle and knob and easy access lever drag system guarantees a comfortable and easily adaptable line of attack for those bigguns. For a little reel it certainly packs some punch with action that even the fussiest of fishermen would love. Has a two position power handle and the drag is very easily accessed and the power handle comes with a T- Bar handle or ball handle, i would go for the T-bar handle due to the bigger hands and the T-bar would suit a lot of women that love there fishing so get get a very good grip pulling in reds and some nice GT's. These reels are also availiable in 9 colours.

Consisting of 6 Japanese stainless steel ball bearings , Precision machined T6061 aircraft grade aluminium , Two position machined cut power handle and knob , High-speed gear ratio 6.0:1 , Lightweight and compact - 400g , Korean made carbon drag washer for better drag performance ,maximum drag power up to 15kg from tests i've done i would say more like 10-12 KG but overall a great jigging reel .

The Lemax Slimmax Jigging Rod is at the top of my list for one of the best durable rods around and is a nice addition to the Lemax range and if you ever wanted a ferrari this is it .

From the spinning or overhead series we chose the overhead 6'3" 2 piece 40-60 lb for the pro jigger perfect if you want to change to a bigger overhead as well . This Slimmax comes with Fuji alconite guide system , fuji gimbal and BRC cap , power handle and joint system , high density EVA handle , fuji TCS/PSS Gold label reel seat , Super graphite blank construction + SE concept design , professionally designed GCF ( Gradual Curve Fighting ) Action. PE6-8, max jig weight 450g , B.DRAG 8-10kg , X-FAST.

This combo is also availiable with the Slimmax 5'6" PE 5-6 , 6-8 kg B/Drag , 1 piece, Fast rod.

Either way both combo's are totally excellent rod and reel setups.

Back to the Wahoo 8000 i have two spools loaded so i can change from 30 lb to 80 lb just makes it easier in the long run.

The reason being i have been caught out a couple of times , if the fish i'm after aren't biting and you decide to go for something bigger then i know i'm all good to go , less tackle ;) .

Check these and other combos at screamingreels.com.au .

Remeber we can always give you a better deal.

Archived