Good places to Camp in Noosa?

Chafule

Hey guys and girls,

Thinking of planning a camping trip for some mates and have chosen Noosa as we havn't been there much.

Just want to ask for peoples opinion on where to camp for some novice campers?

ATM am wanting areas with atleast shower and toilets.

I have looked around and found the Munna point camping spot right next to the river. Its close enough to civilization for any emergencies we might have as novice campers looks decent. Have read reviews of this place and most say its great, however the reviews are few years old. This place looks good, has anyone else tried here?

We are mainly looking to have a swim, fishing, relax, and maybe hire a kayak for some fun.

Chafule,

We've got a camper van and we stayed at the 'Noosa Caravan park' only a matter of 6 about weeks ago with the wife, kids and a family of friends that camped across from us and it was pretty good. It's got a huge pool and all the shower and toilet facilities you will need. Not a whole lot to do their other than drink beers,swim and fish. At the end of the street (about 1km) is the bardge that takes you across the river to double island, I just walked along the rivers edge and found plenty of places with some structure to aim at and got plenty of action from the resident bream. Basically its your alternative to the park you are looking at (I'v never stayed there) the people are friendly (even walked us to the site and help me reverse the camper in) and the place is clean. Not the best place i have stayed but is sure not the worst.

Hope this helps

Shirvo

2nd for noosa river caravan park. they have sites a few steps from the water. we were just there for 2 nights in early feb and it was amazing.

there is a site map on the website so you can get an idea of which site you want for when you call them up to make a booking. i think it was $30 a night for an unpowered site and it was big enough for an 8 person tent, chairs, table and bbq

Big fan of Munna. Been there a lot over the years. not bad whitting fishing out the front, if you have a boat its perfect, its got its own ramp and hose for washing the boat when you return. Good cleaning tables for cleaning fish. Really clean. If you want a little more secluded you could have a look at harrys hut!

Thanks for the advise guys.

Will most likely stick with munna point/Noosa river caravan park as its abit closer to beach and river. They one Shirvo is talking about is a different place and bit more inland.

It is abit cheaper having the option for unpowered sites.

Also, has anyone had any problems with thieves when they have left their camping ground? Should I be packing away my bbq, rods and such into the car when we all going for a swim? Previous times when I have camped there was always "oldies" to stay back and relax when we kids went out for our adventures.

Can't help you on the camping front but I was there for a week (in a unit) in January and caught a couple of flathead and had a kid and his dad pull out about 8 right next to us. If you stay at Munna Point, walk left along the river and work the sandy beach to the left of the first boat hire place, particularly around the two drainpipes. I used hardbodies, the kid/dad used soft plastics (with quite a large jighead and seem to move them along the bottom reasonably quickly).

Let us know how you go.

Kelvin.

Archived