macbook of regular laptop? help

fishingnut

for me mate it comes down to how you use your laptop. if you do not manipulate photos or play with video which seem to be the strengths every apple buffs goes on about than I would choose a Microsoft laptop. They are cheaper and you can find software them easily.

Dont do anything with pics or videos except the xxx stuff :whistle: Mostly video streaming;) and a bit of gaming

for me mate it comes down to how you use your laptop. if you do not manipulate photos or play with video which seem to be the strengths every apple buffs goes on about than I would choose a Microsoft laptop. They are cheaper and you can find software them easily.

Dont do anything with pics or videos except the xxx stuff :whistle: Mostly video streaming;) and a bit of gaming

given your usage I would go for a Microsoft system, you can game with them and they are cheaper

Just wanting to know what peoples thoughts were on the strength n weaknesess of each and what the hype of the mcmacbook was? now worries dropping the $$$$$ on one. last one cost me 3200 and lasted 3.1 years!

I think you're in for a pleasant surprise with current prices then. Even full keyboard models are about 1/3 of that now. That'll leave $2000 for some fishing related tackle or upgrades.

Macs used to be buckets more dollars than pc but not sure if that's still the case. If they are, then go PC. It seems to have served your purpose well lol

[attachment=30487]mac-vs-pc.jpg[/attachment]

Hehe, I'm a windows guy, but I've always wanted to go Mac, soooo IMO, Go Mac!

yeah but buy the PC and you will get more women and people with think your Pe#*s is bigger.

I think a grown man would look silly on a mac judging by that picture.

Each to there own.

If you have to ask then you should probably go PC. I have been a mac user for over 20 years and would never consider anything else - but of course that comes from working in graphics. But I have also convinced family and friends to go Mac and they love it.

If you want to play games and have access to tons of software go PC - if you hate viruses buy a mac!

Laptops are certainly expensive compared to desktops, so think hard about if you really need the portability.

If you use Skype or similar, mac has camera, mic and sound card all built in - but of course you can't change those either!

As someone said, book a time with a sales guy at an Apple Store and they will show you what the mac has to offer.

Marty

If you have to ask then you should probably go PC. I have been a mac user for over 20 years and would never consider anything else - but of course that comes from working in graphics. But I have also convinced family and friends to go Mac and they love it.

If you want to play games and have access to tons of software go PC - if you hate viruses buy a mac!

Laptops are certainly expensive compared to desktops, so think hard about if you really need the portability.

If you use Skype or similar, mac has camera, mic and sound card all built in - but of course you can't change those either!

As someone said, book a time with a sales guy at an Apple Store and they will show you what the mac has to offer.

Marty

The virus side of things. I dont get em. If you get protection your fine.

as for cameras mic and sound card. Every laptop has them these days.

If you hit up a store that sell both macs and Microsoft laptops they are more likely to give you a straight answer as to what you want. If you just go to a store that sells Microsoft or an apple store. I can guarantee they will talk up what they're selling.

Like others have said, try before you buy to find out if you like it or not! Apple Stores are pretty good with demos. If you are used to Windows and don’t like change, give the Mac a miss as the HMI/menus is very different (but quite clean). 'Mac's just work' is about the biggest pro I can give the Mac. I grew up with Windows and use Windows all day at work so when I have to use a Mac at my inlaws it frustrates the heck out of me trying to find what I want. The interface is nice and clean though and if it’s the only computer you use you'd probably quickly adapt.

If you want to do photo, video editing and use rich media type applications then MAC is the way to go. If you want soemthing more for work using microsoft types apps like office etc.. then you may wanna go PC.

Personally I have used PC's all my life but do a lot of photo & video stuff, to be honest it becomes a pain in ass the ass as processing speed gets chewed up fast and then becomes slow.

I started using my Girlfriends MacBook Pro and will never look back, they are design for that type of stuff, vids, photos, graphics etc... I'm getting a new MAC Book Pro 15inch I7

Go to an apple store and have a good play, you won't look back

Archived