Need help!!!! Buying A New Soft Plastic Rod 1-3kg

Need some advise what would be a good Rod/brand to use fishing with soft plastics and hard body lures. I was thinking 1-3kg rod but what brant or type to go for. ?

Im wanting to spend no more then $300.00 But if need be can spend more :)

So where is a good place to buy rods at a good price ? and what would be a good rod to use for light fishing for Bass/Bream.

Im on the Gold Coast Area

For that price your options are many. I would start at BCF and see what you like, (you will want something with a fast action). After you know what is good I would jump online and have a look at MO Tackle, or the Tackle Warehouse, there prices are normally better, unless BCF is having a sale.

You can't go wrong with you name brands, and your price will suit the higher end of there quality.

Thankyou i will look into these rods but not sure where the best place to buy them from on the gold coast or brisbane area. I spose i will have to shop around.:silly:

I can second going to a real tackle shop instead of BCF. I was looking around for a new setup recently and got much better service and advice at Jones tackle than BCF. I dont know anywhere down your way, but im sure there are a few independants who will sort you out better than BCF.

You could also probably work out what you want and get it online for cheaper, but if someone gives me good advice, I like to buy from them

drag ya tinnie up, go to the tackle warehouse n have a geez, if ya see somethin, try it out in boggy creek for a flatty or 2, and then spend a lil time chasin a threadie! as these spots are close together. and problem solved , only problem is which rod to buy and which rod to bring for the threadies. lol.

I found Sportys warehouse at Strathaird rd, Bundall to be a little cheaper than BCF etc, great range of rods and reels and the fellas there seem to really know their stuff as they r keen fisherman too! Picked up a nice Berkley Dropshot 1-3kg for $100, can be up to $130 at other places. Just found them real helpful, and they r on the Gold Coast ;)

Hey kiwi mate send zimman a PM I got a damiki angle 1/3 kilo nice and cheap and a back bone that can handle anything you throw at them about $120 mark

I second this!. Rob is selling the Angel Ex rods... they are very light, small and bloody powerful. He has a clip of it in one of the posts... just type in Angel Ex in the search bar.

Rob had them for $99.00 at one stage. Pick up is at Rochedale south or i think he can post to you.

cheers

ty

Hey kiwi mate send zimman a PM I got a damiki angle 1/3 kilo nice and cheap and a back bone that can handle anything you throw at them about $120 mark

I second this!. Rob is selling the Angel Ex rods... they are very light, small and bloody powerful. He has a clip of it in one of the posts... just type in Angel Ex in the search bar.

Rob had them for $99.00 at one stage. Pick up is at Rochedale south or i think he can post to you.

cheers

ty

+1 for the angel ex's. Great rod for the money :)

Archived