Freedom of speech

Bommie

"We want Brisbane Fishing Online to be open to people of all ages, genders, races, and sexualities, so any inappropriate or offensive posts will be deleted"

The offensive parts of the post have been modified or deleted probably due to the above site rule.

I do not see that being loss of freedom of speech after all this is a fishing forum .

Cheers

Ray

rrr ok, if so , there is abit or write and wrong in that.

Im a fully fledged Ausy and My wife is chinese malaysian, and most of her friends are of different asian race, and to be honest, if it was not for her, i would not know anything about the asian race, and yes there are things with the asian and other races that i really don't like, but at the same time, i have seen so much more good then bad, there coulture is one that has standards on how they treat people and there family, over here even for me we just dont have alot of that.

As far as them speaking there own language, i believe that to live here you should be able to talk english, but when they are having a conversation to them selfs, then i see no problems as its not really any of my business with what they are talking about. FYI did you know that in malaysia they speak, english, indian, Malay , chinese, and in thailand they talk thai , some chinese, and english, and Japan, Jap and english and jap, but over here at home even me, good english and bad english.

From what i have seen here and seen in other countries, we are a racist country, and in saying that we will also fight for anoughter country.

You know if we did not have Asians, Indians and other races comming in then we would not have all of this great food, before my steak used to taste like cow, and now it taste like real food.

There are some people that do come here and ruin it for there own race, and even my wife comments on that, but remember, not all are like that and most are willing to try to be one of us. When i was in malaysia my brother inlaw was mooning everyone out of a bus (he was not drunk) so imagin what some of the malaysians would think of us ausies because of a few people.

Race and Religion is a very sensitive topic for many people, my friends consist of Chinese, Jap's , Indians, Malays as in muslims (actually they are very nice people just like you and me when you break the ice), did you know that in Malaysia all races mix , there are some that wont. Most of us here and including me 6 years ago, the most race i had as friends were from white people ( sorry if that offends , did not meen for it to sound that way)

If someone from a different country does something wrong, then let them know, because it might be the way they do things over there that is wrong over here, I know they should know when comming here, but there are habits that we bring over there that no one likes, and same with them.

I know a few people dont like to mix but its a good thing to be try and mix with other races.

Maybe AFO can help by holding a race event or something, were everyone brings a plate of food from there own coulture and have abit of a fish and mingle.

Thats all from me

Freedom of speech is imaginary. People either impose their own boundaries or have someone do it for them.

There is no right to Freedom of Speech on AFO. Every member is a guest of the owners and subject to their rules.

It's a constant argument I have with dippers that try to ruin it for the majority.

I've got views ad opinions that someone else would probs find wrong or offensive, and other people would have their own views which I might find offensive. It's how it is in the world

but this is just a fishin site, nice friendly community from all walks of life. To much of this racisim and garbage seems to find it's way onto the forums. All I wanna see is pics of fish, reports, new techniques etc isn't that what the site is about?

if you wanna preach about topics that have the ability to cause fights etc go somewhere else. There is no need for it. In no way does it enhance the site. If anything it'd just scare people off.

We are all friends here, let's keep it that way

This is a fishing site and it is nice to come on here and read about fishing to get away from the garbage the world throws up. If I want biased retoric I will watch the news and current affairs show.

My post was deleted in the "Australia" thread because I am sick to death of fools cutting and pasting US originated garbage and simply removing America and replacing it with Australia.

Here you go lets look at how Australian it is, 8420 results for the same page except it originated in America. Same as freedom of speech is an American 1st amendment right not in Australias constitution.

/>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1020&bih=558&q=%22I+believe+in+American+products+and+buy+them+whenever+I+can%22&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Don't claim these posts are about Australia they are anything but! :angry:

:lol: everyone should be able to say what ya want, when ya want, where ya want and if ppl don't like it well that's just to bad!!

IT HAPPENS!!

Yeah, We should be able to drive to our own rules too, whatever side of the road you want, with as much noise as you want. :whistle: :blink: Of course people should be allowed to throw a molotov cocktail at you as you do too. :S :dry:

Then again maybe that wouldn't be the best way to run a fair society :pinch: I heard Libya might be the place-to-be :lol:

It's all about a bit of self-control and respecting other members' views and the community as a whole.

As for not wanting to see or read non-fishing related stuff -

It's like a TV; if you only want fishing stuff just read the forums that relate to fishing. Some of the tackle worship threads make me wanna spew too, so I don't read them anymore (except to see if it's flowing as it should ;) )

I'll also put my hand up for not being the "Australia" thread editor. I have my own moderate views on that topic, but the fact it is no longer up for comment is a good thing IMO.

but this is just a fishin site, nice friendly community from all walks of life. To much of this racisim and garbage seems to find it's way onto the forums. All I wanna see is pics of fish, reports, new techniques etc isn't that what the site is about?

Well said !!

Are we losing our freedom of speech on here?

Sure are!!!!

aside from the abuse....I think that generalisation is the key point.. Some times posts are made innocently,with out thinking about the generalisation.

if you fire a shotgun into a group you get collateral damage...if you fire a .308 you should hit the selected target.

Are we losing our freedom of speech on here?

To answer the original question and not get side tracked by replies...

We promote a friendly community environment (it is always going to be hard satisfying over 7,500 members as each person is going to have different views and opinions). Posts that are not in accordance with this community spirit will and always have been removed or edited. We like to think this site is quite liberal with allowing 'free speech' as long as they conform to the site's Terms of Use (that members agree to follow when joining the website) about what can and cant be said on the site.

We want people to be able to talk about all sorts of topics as people are interested in different things and so encourage discussions of different topics (but please read the site Terms of Use to ensure what you are posting is ok). As ellicat said, you can simply choose what to read by filtering through the forum categories.

Yeah blow all this stuff if you dont like someone dont go fishin with them, if you see someone doing the wrong thing, throw them in the river...its only water... im goin to bed to get an early start on the passage tom... smallest boat out there give us a wave

What's racism got to do with this thread? It was not the intention and I did not mention it at all.

It was about if you post something under general chat that is non fishing you get flamed.

Why have a general chat section for non fishing related topics?

Yep. Have to agree Bommie.

It's not JUST a fishing site.

It has General Chat for a reason.

The "what has that got to do with fishing ?" line is a weak point.

Recent Topics that have nothing (or very little) to do with fishing -

Thoughts for Japan

Dad recommended the site so...

AFO footy tipping Comp

What is this form of witch craft?

Carbon Tax

Were is the cheapest gas refills

EOI any one mad into harleys or Tatts

Free Troy Caser Daley Concert.Toowoomba.

Blue babies

Gas Hot Water - help please

any mechanics that do servicing?

Run Away ! Run Away !

Nitrite levels in the tap ...

macbook or regular laptop? help

All of them seemed to receive fair acceptance.

People get a little precious about topics sometimes and don't interpret or read the content clearly.

Speak up if you disagree with a post or thread, but do it nicely and do it after you have read the content fully. Flying off the handle without full understanding is best left to spouses :whistle: :pinch: :lol:

Thoughts for Japan

Dad recommended the site so...

AFO footy tipping Comp

What is this form of witch craft?

Carbon Tax

Were is the cheapest gas refills

EOI any one mad into harleys or Tatts

Free Troy Caser Daley Concert.Toowoomba.

Blue babies

Gas Hot Water - help please

any mechanics that do servicing?

Run Away ! Run Away !

Nitrite levels in the tap ...

macbook or regular laptop? help

I apologize.... BUT!.... you forgot ghost member.

Archived