fishing the bay

terrace09

Where are you launching from?

Most places you can get live bait close to the ramp. Just have a bit of a idle back and forth looking at the sounder to make sure there is no snags.

IE Ray mostly launches from Weinam creek at Victoria point, it has a little Marina 4 or 5 casts of the net around the back of the boats usually does the trick.

When we launch in the Logan river, same deal, pull away from the ramp, let the boat drift and a few casts usually does the job.

Most of the blokes land based just cast off the pontoons for their live bait.

MAte if you can launch at Cleveland boat ramp at the marine guard near the light house you can get bait either from the bank to the left of the emergency vessels only pontoon/ramp or also at 45 degrees from the main boat ramp about 30-40 metres from shore amongst the buoys. I have seen guys only cast once and get 500 grams of prawns and a couple of mullet. Good;) luck anyway.

Post edited by: Bud, at: 2007/05/25 22:41

faulked wrote:

here are some gps coordinates i found on the web i know the harrys cords are rightish [file name=gps_coordinates.txt size=14367]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/files/gps_coordinates.txt[/file]

Hey Faulked - that was pretty cool - thanks - Karma to you as soon as I can but I gotta pay a debt to the tax office first - Hi Elli

Archived