Most Popular Weather and Fishing Reports/Websites?

kitacooch

Ah yeh i guessed this site was a good place to start for fishing reports, is there a site specific to fishing reports?? if i find myself with a free day and choose to go out for a run would be good to log in somewhere and have instant access to where what is biting, for instance i have been hanging for a feed of squid but wouldn't know where they are a the moment. Will google Doug Burt, maybe he has a site??

also i heard seabreeze was a good reliable wearther forcast for boaties?

www.coastwatch.com.au for weather forecast/conditions. They also have those generalised reports you're talking about. You can always ask on here if you're targeting something specific like squid and someone will respond if they have been out. Not everyone reports every trip they make but are usually happy to answer a question like that. :)

Seabreeze is alright for a preview.

• 10 years later...

I am land based so my checks are not as critical as offshore fishermen. I first check Willy weather for local tides, moon phase, and  swell direction (so I dont fish an exposed beach), Windy.com for wind predictions and I like the way it shows the direction on the maps at the locations I am thinking of fishing. (In contrast Willy gives a generic direction) , and http://fishing-app.gpsnauticalcharts.com/i-boating-fishing-web-app/fishing-marine-charts-navigation.html?title=Australia+-+New+South+Wales+-+Central+Coast+-+Broken+Bay+and+Hawkesbury+River+boating+app#12.93/-33.5079/151.3631

for identifying deeper water near the shore. I like the compass rose as a reference point too as the estuary I fish is very convoluted and its good to look at the map and orient myself with the associated wind/swell  direction

On 17/03/2011 at 1:53 AM, max pwr said:

Fishing reports- you're on the right site for sure mate. Weather I just go to ' gold coast weather ' and for tides....willy weather has good local tide times but ignore their wind and rain forecast.

Definitely ignore the wind forecast