iPhone applications

collvan

Hi everyone

For those of you with iPhones there are a few interesting applications you can download from the Application Store. Most of them are free, some are paid applications but most, with the exception of one or two, are worth exploring.

I will name a few that are worth it especially if you are new to Brisbane (I have noticed a few requests for information on fishing spots recently) or if you are new to fishing. These will probably be a waste of time for the more experienced fishos out there.

1. Fishing Australia Free

A guide to fishing in Australia, with information on fishing spots close to you (offshore), and information on how to find fish, bag and size limits. Pretty useful application for anyone going on a trip somewhere they have never fished before and as the name indicates it’s free.

2. Fishing Calendar

In a nutshell this application provides you with information on the best time to go fishing based on the tides, the sun and the moon phases and it works. There is a calendar that can store your catches with a photo, size, weight and location, which you can enter to show your mates. Although this is not free, it’s well worth the $6 price tag for a novice fisho.

There are also a number of applications that provide local up-to-date weather reports (and free) and others that will help you tie that difficult knot that you were planning to learn.

I’ll be interested to see if anyone else has some interesting applications that work.

Good luck in your fishing endeavours and be safe.

Archived