Brissie river last weekend

fishguru5

hi all

just typed up a report and said that my session timed out even though i was still logged in :pinch: anyway i will just breifly do it again

headed down to pinkenba boat ramp earlyish saturday morning with fishing_teen to meet up with j-dog and ryanG. we got there a bit late and joel and ryan had already anchored up at the spot already with enough bair for themselves. anyway we made our way to the poopshoot for bugger all only a few gar but just enough to head to the spot and meet up with ryan and joel who were just releasing a legal endangered species

post-3952-144598586317_thumb.jpg

anyway we put the rods out and after an hour or so we made the call to go chase a few bream as we havnt picked up our light rods for some time and were eager to give it a go. so we threw the net around the pipeline for enough herring to last us the rest of the day and headed to a close-by wharf and anchored up. this was a good decision as within the first thirty seconds of anchoring all 4 of us were retying our busted leader and were so keen by that stage to land one of the monsters. ryan was first up with a 30cm bream

post-3952-144598586322_thumb.jpg

after it was released i was up with a legal cod which was returned to the water promptly as i have been spiked by these fish many times :evil:

post-3952-144598586326_thumb.jpg

nathan was up now with his first fish of the day going 30cm

post-3952-14459858633_thumb.jpg

after this we landed a heap around the 28cm mark and i got a few more legal cod then i finally picked up the bream i was waiting for. still not a PB but was very pleased by the wharf we were fishing.

the bream went 37cm

post-3952-144598586335_thumb.jpg

it was time for joel ryan and nathan to head home so i dropped nathan back and went out on my own for a while. got busted off more times than i could count and landed a few bream around the 33-35 mark around the BP crude oil dock and went home. all in all was one of the funnest days i have had in a while and am eager to get back out there this weekend if weather permits.

thanks for reading

pat

Nice work fellas. I saw you down there and thought it must have been some of the young guns from the sight. I anchored out a bit from you guys and tried to fish the drop off, but my battery died and the sounder wasn't working so I doughnutted there except for a couple of catties. Tried a couple of regular snapper spots with no luck and then moved to my bream spot but only managed a couple of undersized bream and more catfish. I think the water needs to clear up a bit more before the fishing is as good as it was before the flood.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived