Need you opinion

I went fishing last night with Keen_as who is a member on this site, we are having a disagreement that he caught 2 fish. As Keen_as was lifting the fish from the water the fish jumped off the hook into the water, there for the fish was not landed or touched. This to me is Not a catch ? Your input please. :pinch:

He told me he Shaked the fish to get off but to me thats bull lol it dropped off before he could land it. So to me that 1 less fish on the count list :pinch:

haha - smacks of desperation - was there a bet on?

agreed with Malcolm though - imo it depends on the intent - was it a controlled release or did it just fall off the hook.....sounds like the latter I'm sorry KAF

Nah mate wasn't the original :lol: :lol: And yeah I agree, if its not in the net it wasn't caught UNLESS it was a Barra, Big Toga, Murry/Mary cod etc.

I second that Daveylad... If its not landed its not a catch :woohoo:

Hahaha id go so far to say if the angler is not photographed with it in hand, and on mat. it didnt happen :P Ends all dsiputes...

60cm bass here....

110cm flathead there...

(This pun was not aimed at anyone, these just seem to be the two fish most often is a size discussion).

Angus

If I am fighting a fish to the bank/boat, and a mate goes to lip grip it etc in order to help, and then the fish gets off, I generally count it, and vice versa. If it is a solo effort, then I don't count it. Of course, unless it is a stonker fish, I am pretty happy if it de-hooks itself that late in the fight lol!!!

Oh Keen_as hahaha lol :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Lick kiss hahaha

a wise man on this site once declared: if its not on the dinner plate, it didn't happen.

Is this the case here Kreel?

As a wise man once sa...

Oh yeah that's me; tBox I have eaten no 80cm Flattie - it didn't happen. There have been no Jacks in my belly - it didn't happen.

If Pussca tells us all about the masses of fish he caught just before we came out but there's none in the esky - it didn't happen! :P

Archived