Number of Rods Allowed

youngen

Hi All, first time posting on these forums but ive been a reader for a long time, Something i just wanted to clear up.

For a long time I was under the belief that when fishing tidal waters you were only allowed 2 rods per person with a total of 6 hooks. But today when I was randomly looking at fishing websites as im itching to get out chasing the pinkies again I found a DPI website where the rules state it is actually 3 rods allowed.

Just wanted to make sure I'm not reading it wrong, I like to play by the rules.

Anyone can clear it up for me for sure?

It is in use and per person.

You don't have to count the rods tips separately :pinch: :P:lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no limit to landing nets either...:whistle:

wait really?? so when I have my boat laden with 9 rods and there's just me and Angus on the boat we're breaking the law??

It is in use and per person.

You don't have to count the rods tips separately :pinch: :P:lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no limit to landing nets either...:whistle:

hey whats this about no limits on landing nets. was that bought in up hear in Qld aswell?

.NSW abolished all there previous regulations on landing net sizings some time last year (iam pretty sure )

mick

Nah Mick, Just stirring Ted from that time he opted out of using a landing net only to lose a massive flounder as he went to lift it in :pinch: :lol: I've never heard of landing net restrictions up here (except for self-imposed ones lol)

haha I was waiting to see what u wrote. You will never let me live that one down

Nah Mick, Just stirring Ted from that time he opted out of using a landing net only to lose a massive flounder as he went to lift it in :pinch: :lol: I've never heard of landing net restrictions up here (except for self-imposed ones lol)

haha I was waiting to see what u wrote. You will never let me live that one down

At least not until 12 months has expired ..... :lol:

Archived