Waypoint entry question

kitacooch

Hi, just wondering how you would enter this waypoint "27.23.31 153.33.10"

I am using Navionics on Ipad and have to enter the last digit which in the case of the above waypoint doesn't exist.

I have put a zero on the end and gets me close to the point of interest and have tried a zero as the 1st number of the final 3 which jets close also, just not sure which i am supposed to enter and or if the waypoint is simply incomplete.

cheers

Oh, and by the way this waypoint is for a spot around Flat Rock

Mate, adding a zero on the end of each coordinate on my iphone worked for me. It brings up a mark about .1 NM north of flat rock.

Yeh got the same, but if you put a in front you get a mark a further 2 NM north of flat rock.

I have quite a few marks with only the 2 numbers on the end so not sure how to enter them??

So does anyone know?????

I can only guess the correct thing to do is put a zero on the end????.

Also noticed that the marks for the FAD's deployed off the GC have extra numbers on them such as this one "#1 27° 52.35235' 153 27.27407' ", do i just round them down??

eg #1 27° 52.352' 153 27.274' "

Surely someone knows the correct procedure, or is it a floor in the navionics programm only allowing 3 numbers on the end

Did you check the waypoint I calculated out for you above.

It shows up as being right beside Flat Rock on my chart so is that where it's meant to be.

GPS marks can be written in a number of ways to suit different machines.

It is a mathematical calculation to change the format of the original mark and cannot be done by adding a zero or rounding up or down.

Did you check the waypoint I calculated out for you above.

It shows up as being right beside Flat Rock on my chart so is that where it's meant to be.

GPS marks can be written in a number of ways to suit different machines.

It is a mathematical calculation to change the format of the original mark and cannot be done by adding a zero or rounding up or down.

The mark is for a fishing spot at flat rock so in this particular case accuracy not so important. By adding a zero i still end up near by.

However if i was trying to land on a pinackle then accuracy is important.

I am unsure as to why my Navionics is limmiting me to 3 last numbers that must be entered and none more than three can be entered yet i have marks that have 2 numbers and others that have up to 5 numbers????

Navionics on ipads or iphones is great but still not the most accurate gps systems. Even with a verified mark I still struggle to get myself on the exact spot using it so don't place too much faith on it's accuracy. If you have a good sounder, use it when you are close to the area you are looking for.

Hi Nitris

That program is C-Map's PC Planner.

It is great for trip planning and working with your waypoints.

Once I have done what I need I can download the data to the memory card and upload them into the GPS.

I also allows me to overlay my local charts for better detail while working on anything.

This pic is with my local C-Map chart from my GPS overlayed on the world map.

post-7680-144598595859_thumb.jpg

Archived