NPD 7/4/11 Third attempt.

rayke1938

I really hate the forum timing out and continually losing reports;

Went back again this morning this time with Jon and Dale.

Did the usual clearing of shrimp traps and baited up the redclaw pots.

We anchored up and got a feed of gar and Jon got a couple of good sized tilapia.

post-230-144598596546_thumb.jpg

post-230-144598596533_thumb.jpg

As usual the redclaw and the turtles were a pest.

post-230-144598596538_thumb.jpg

post-230-144598596542_thumb.jpg

Dale was eyeing off the loaded guava trees on the shore and was disappointed when I told him that we were not allowed to go ashore.

I had an entertaining few minutes with an unstoppable on my little 2 to 4 lb heartland with 4 lb braid and 6 lb leader until the leader snapped when I got the fish close to the boat.Think it may have been a lungie as there was no slime on the leader.

Did the pots on the way back and enjoyed the look of disbelief on Dales face every time we pulled a pot.

post-230-144598596546_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the company mates I really enjoyed the day.

Dale presented me with a autographed copy of his book. I just have to prise it out of Judys hands so that i can read it

post-230-144598596551_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Ray.

nice report Ray.

I tend to write my report in microsoft word and then copy and paste it into the post. that way if i lose it i.e times out... i have a back up and can re paste as oppose to losing what i have written etc...

Wouldnt have a clue where to find word or to cop it. Its just a big pain to remember to copy and the photos all have to be redone.

Grumble

Ray

Got an invite to go fishing and lobby'n.(fresh water crays) with a mate newy where i met a chap RAY at NPD.I've been lobby'n for 50 years and never seen any thing like it.What i caught in a full day we got in 2 pulls.Proves there are some fair dinkum fishing stories,bit annoyed youv'e created a lobby addict now.If you see NEWY and RAY on the water give them a nod a wave a smile,because you'll meet no better. What was a trip turned out to be a memory. TOP DAY Thanks Again DALE WESTON

Archived