Another new spot.

keen_as

So while the Mrs was having a sleep today, I decided to go and find a new bass spot.

I walked the banks for 2 hours and came up with six fish :cheer: , took pics of the best 3.

This new place is an off shoot of my normal bass creek and it looks VERY promising.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

post-7081-144598596832_thumb.jpg

post-7081-144598596842_thumb.jpg

post-7081-144598596851_thumb.jpg

Funly enough not a drop. Would've like to have had a small kayak though, some of the better looking spots were only really accessible by yak.

Heaps of sunken timber and such.

And copped a surface hit when the lure wound itself up and wouldn't swim right. :lol:

Lucky! Went for a paddle in the yak this afternoon when i thought it was clearing up, ended up copping a bit.

Jesus, the bass are going crazy, looks like they will hit just about anything you throw at them, I got hit twice today within a second of the lure landing, which kinda sucked because i was planning on using the retrieve to pull the lure out of the snag, before the fish hit it :(

I went in armed with only 6 or 7 cheap lures today as I didn't know what to expect.

A Super bass, few poppers, buggy pop, some plastics, a minnow, and a couple of spinners.

No losses.

im down 1x TN50, oh well, if we wanted to keep them, we wouldn't throw them at bundles of sticks!

I went in armed with only 6 or 7 cheap lures today as I didn't know what to expect.

A Super bass, few poppers, buggy pop, some plastics, a minnow, and a couple of spinners.

No losses.

im down 1x TN50, oh well, if we wanted to keep them, we wouldn't throw them at bundles of sticks!

Mate, another advantage to the yak! Today, first 4 casts = 4 trees, just paddle over and untangle!

Also got wrapped by two bass right in the snags, paddled over and pulled the lure out (luckily the lure I was using only dives to about 75cm, generally able to reach it if it snags)

This is opposed to wednesday when I was on foot and lost at least half a dozen lures, luckily not one of them cost me more then $3 :whistle: B)

Archived