What do you think?

Yting

Went to BCF today to check out some rods for throwing around some soft plastics. Had a look at some Berkley Dropshots around the $119 mark and a few uglysticks, also around the $100.00 mark.

Now not wanting to spend a lot on a rod, on the way home I called into good old K-mart to have a squiz at their sinkers and stuff.

On the rod rack there are two uglysticks 6' 2-4kg, were $85, now $45.00 each. What do you think, would they be ok to throw around some soft plastics?

Thanks.

...Now not wanting to spend a lot on a rod, on the way home I called into good old K-mart to have a squiz at their sinkers and stuff.....

On the rod rack there are two uglysticks 6' 2-4kg, were $85, now $45.00 each. What do you think, would they be ok to throw around some soft plastics?Thanks.

straight answer to your question ...yes... pay $45 for an $85 rod = save $40

are there better rods out there...yes,do you get more bang paying $180 rather than $85,not necessarily the case,some times yes sometimes no

Mate if you plan on throwing light plastics then I recommend spending as much as you can afford. Buying a quality rod with decent components gives you heaps of benefits like improved casting and a rod with a nice tapper will result in better hook ups and less hooks pulled during the fight.

Check out the Nordic Stage rods, they are an awesome piece of gear for the price. Other then that the Berkley DS are another sweet little rod

Will the ugly stick do the job? Possibly. Will it do it well definitely not.

The ugly sticks are glass rods that have a tip that is way to soft for working lures. You can get some decntly priced crisp graphite rods that will be light years ahead in performance.

i'm currently doin a side by side comparison on rods n reels the el cheapo piece of crap is up 3 zip so far on only the first outing, go the $14 rod, it rocks and feels light but so far so good, as long as it gets the fish in i dont give a rats about but sections or the kind of guides or the material the rod is made of, but in saying that a plastic rod needs to be i believe should be an im8 graphite rod as you want the lure to twitch, not the rod tip when fishin with rubber bands !

mate if u can get away with a one piece austackle have im 8 graphite rods for 45 1 to 3 kg if i could get away with one piece would have walked out with one the are good and nice taper it will do the job but have a look around and find one you like graphites probably best but i use a catana 702 and i love it a bit soft but overall its great and dont mind being a lil soft as it flicks the lure a bit further good luck on ur choice

austackle wharehouse. ;)

45 bucks mate MI8 7ft i got dan25 one the other day shoot him a pm see what he reckons of it, my opinion of them are "dam awsome for bang for buck" be interesting to see wat ya reckon of em dan i was gona get 1 still might yet.

i also got one of the cammo sticks that are alluminium infused kevlar wraped 1-3kg stick, absolutly insane bit of gear. a very finese rod through out the tip down to about the 5th eyelet and the lower end of the blank has heaps of guts, the lads down there talk up the rods so i come home did a lttle test and i can comfortably lift a 7.5kg barbell wieght, i was shocked so its more like a 1-7kg stick

Archived