Some Extra Dates For AUSTACKLE Open Warehouse Sale

AFO

Due to the large number of people asking to come down before the May 7th BBQ morning, we have decided to open up the warehouse on the following dates:

Thursday 14th April 3pm - 6pm

Tuesday 19th April3pm - 6pm

Thursday 21st April 3pm - 6pm

Thursday 28th April3pm - 6pm

Tuesday 3rd May3pm - 6pm

Thursday 5th May3pm - 6pm

SATURDAY 7th MAY -7am -11amAFO BBQ Breakfast - Angus is cooking!

Please let Angus know you are coming for catering purposes.

We will also have a couple of guest speakers at this breakfast who will give short presentations and then make themselves available for the rest of the morning for you to ask them questions. Guest speakers are as follows:

Heath Zygnerski - Offshore Fishing & Peter Cashman - Inshore & Beach Fishing

Heath spoke at the recent Tinnie and Tackle Show and is also speaking at the Sanctuary Cove Boat Show in May. He writes a regular monthly column in Bush & Beach on Offshore fishing and is a member of the Austackle Offshore Pro -Team. Heath does a lot of our testing on the offshore gear prior to it being released to market. Heath had a big input into the design of the Rhino Stik Offshore models.

Peter Cashman is an integral part of the Austackle Inshore Pro Team and fishes the ABT Bream and Gamakatsu Team comps regularly on our behalf. In the 70’s and 80’s Peter made quite a name for himself by winning the Queensland and South Queensland Surf Fishing titles on several occasions and also the Queensland Light Gear Championship on 2 occasions. He also captained the South Queensland Team a couple of times in the State Estuary titles.. As a member ( and now Life member) of the City Hall Fishing he won the club championship many times.

Peter switched from bait to lures about 4 years ago and has become quite an expert at this style of fishing. Peter has had a large input into the design of our Sakana lures and also the new range of Takeda Fireblade rods.

DIRECTIONS AND ADDRESS

AUSTACKLE, Unit 28, 17 Cairns Street, Loganholme.

Take exit 30 on the M1. Please note the numbering system is crazy in this complex. Unit 28 is towards the back left of the complex opposite some new units still under construction.

Just a suggestion a photo of the shopfront may assist or a banner or a sandwich board out in front during the sale times would assist in finding .

Cheers

Ray

A sign is being made Ray to go in front of the warehouse

For a free lure or two i'd be willing to chuck on a sandwich board and dance around the front hahaha :P

Just a suggestion a photo of the shopfront may assist or a banner or a sandwich board out in front during the sale times would assist in finding .

Cheers

Ray

For a free lure or two i'd be willing to chuck on a sandwich board and dance around the front hahaha :P

Hahaha good thinking !!

Cheers

Ray

Your legs aint good enough..sorry Jords!:lol:

Cheers

Ray

Your legs aint good enough..sorry Jords!:lol:

hahah ouch!:pinch:

well don a sign and sit on a chair out the front ? :whistle:

Back in the days of no bag limits and little pollution,and miles and miles of mangrove swamps instead of canal developments, Moreton Bay was a phenominal fishery as this Courier Mail article about Peter Cashman will show you.

It also shows why it was necessary to introduce bag limits as our population grew in size. Whilst i never came close to catching a haul like Peter did in this areticle, it was very common for me and a mate to catch 100+ Bream for an overnight session at the Pin in the middle of winter. Boats were streched 10 metres apart along Short and Crusoe Islands as far as the eyc could see on a Saturday night and everybody was catching fish (unless they were too drunk and had fallen asleep next to one of the many campfires lit along the bank!)

I am sure there are plenty of older guys like me on here who can remember those days and also the ensuing arguments and fights at 2am Sunday mornings as some newcomer tried to muscle in between the boats.

Those were the days ............

post-9073-144598601014_thumb.jpg

For those people who will come down tommorrow afternoon ( Thursday 14th) I am pleased to advise that we have found 8 more 1-3kg Camo Stik spin rods in the bulk store this morning so they will be available for just $45 - a great price for a really good soft plastic/hardbody lures rod. These particular models were selling for $129 & $149 in the shops last year.

For those people who will come down tommorrow afternoon ( Thursday 14th) I am pleased to advise that we have found 8 more 1-3kg Camo Stik spin rods in the bulk store this morning so they will be available for just $45 - a great price for a really good soft plastic/hardbody lures rod. These particular models were selling for $129 & $149 in the shops last year.

How long are they? and what does it cost to have them couriered?

They are same as the ones you saw Jords...2.10m in length 1 piece IM8. Some Rainforrest Camo and some Plain Vanilla. We have put on the extra dates because we really dont have the time to keep individually sending rods out. You are buying them at our cost price.

Due to the difficulty some people had finding the place last time I am pleased to advise that we have now put a sign on the footpath in Cairns St so you know where to turn in and also a big sign outside the warehouse roller door. Just remeber we are at the back LEFT of the complex.

Look forward to meeting a few more of you this arvo

Cheers

Mike Cole (Orca)

Just a quick reminder that we are open to AFO memebers Tuesday and Thursady from 3-6pm. WE have added soem more clearnce items from the bulk store.

Great to meet a few more AFO members this arvo ( and some members coming back for a second time!) who went away happy with some really cheap Camo Stiks and some of the new lures. Hope to meet a few more on Thursday arvo. We will then beclosed to everybody until the following Thursday 3-6pm.

Cheers

Orca

Just a quick reminder that we are open to AFO memebers Tuesday and Thursady from 3-6pm. WE have added soem more clearnce items from the bulk store.

Great to meet a few more AFO members this arvo ( and some members coming back for a second time!) who went away happy with some really cheap Camo Stiks and some of the new lures. Hope to meet a few more on Thursday arvo. We will then beclosed to everybody until the following Thursday 3-6pm.

Cheers

Orca

I'll be there next thursday, hope theres still a few lures around!

Yep was in there yesterday arvo and picked up a few lollies to toss at some unsuspecting fish, some good gear in there in terms of lures and especially rods - if you're looking for a/some new boat rods dont buy anything until you check out what Orca's go down there....loco cheap and good quality.

Yep was in there yesterday arvo and picked up a few lollies to toss at some unsuspecting fish, some good gear in there in terms of lures and especially rods - if you're looking for a/some new boat rods dont buy anything until you check out what Orca's go down there....loco cheap and good quality.

Thanks for the comments. We have quite a number of IM7 OVERHEAD BOAT RODS - 15kg and 24kg. 6 foot and 7 foot. - TOP OF THE RANGE IN TERMS OF LOOKS AND QUALITY - HAVE BEEN SELLING IN SHOPS FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS PERIOD FOR $299-$349 DEPENDING ON THE MODEL. MICK FILLET HAS ALREADY BOUGHT A COUPLE FOR JUST $70 EACH.

hey guys does any 1 no if there is a train station near the Warehouse

Mate, not quite but a train and a bus or two busses can get you within 700mish

Get on teh Beenleigh or Gold Coast train and get off at beenleigh, then get the 563 from there and Get off at: Chetwynd St F/S Henry St

Or, to look at it better, http://jp.translink.com.au/travel-information/journey-planner, It is your friend in co-ordinating public transport!

Hope it helps!

Hey guys,

Looking at heading down tomorrow arvo, just hope I can get there before 6 with the traffic... :dry:

Has anyone seen anything in the 7'/3-6kg/spin range laying around the warehouse??? :whistle:

yeah we still have some 3-6 spin left

a few 3-6kg spin sticks laying around... might try and race doobsy there to get one

could you let me know how much they're selling for Orca?

DEpends on the actual model but around $45 is a good guide - were selling for $149 last year in the shops. IM8 Carbon with Fuji guides. An absolute steal at the price.

if my pay goes through and i can sneak it past the mrs then i will see you there sometime before 6 tomorrow. it can be her punishment for not granting the leave pass to head out to moreton this evening.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Nobody around here will tell her but i cant guarantee some of your AFO mates wont dob on you - accidently of course ! lol

Just a reminder that we will be open this Thursday (28th) from 3-6pm for AFO members.

Still have some "top of the range" offshore boat rods left. This is what Mick Fillet had to say about them:

"we tested the full potential of your rods on the weekend out near the brisbane tablelands. iam glad i set the drags the way i did!!! :) the jerasics are awsome stuff mate!!!! great rods!!!!

These rods are comparable to any of the top rods on the market today and for just $70-$80 each they are an absolute steal. If you are a serious offshore fisherman then these rods are definately worth checking out.

post-9073-144598610086_thumb.jpg

post-9073-144598610087_thumb.jpg

Archived