Sensational Stradie Snapper and Spangeled

tugger

Set off this morning early in glassed out conditions on the bay and crossed a flat bar to find outside just as surpurb. Anchored up just on 6am to start fishing with a big bait under a float out the back while we floatlined for reefies. The snapper came in slowly and the big rod got a hit but didn't stay connected for long.

Another pike was floated out while we kept chasing reefies with 1 of my deckies Steve blooded in his new rod with 3 good snapper before anyone else got on the board. I boated a chinamen fish that put up a good fight fooling me as i thought i had on my first good snapper

post-4390-144598601251_thumb.jpg

Around 10am i said fish would come on as the tide turned and boy i was not wrong as we landed plenty good snapper . As well as hooking up to 2 big pelagics 1 we didn't see but the other was brought to the boat by Lindsay(abureelman)a couple of times but each time it sped off running a hundred meters on its first couple of runs. This fish was atleast a 20kilo cobia that was just out of gaff range each time at the boat before it finally broke off , doh.

2 Late steam trains grabbed my floatline that i tried stopping but eventually they bricked me and i expect some big yellowtail kingies to be responsible

A good spangeled emporor was among the catch of 6 snapper over 50cm and another 9 good snapper and 3 moses perch yummmmmmm

post-4390-144598601258_thumb.jpg

Looks like it was a fun day on the water, have been looking at the conditions all week and cursing work and the fact that the boat is in for a service befor easter and that's a whole other costly story hope to get out once the weather settels down next week

Archived