Quick Morning & Arvo Bass Fishing

Manni79

Well After having an absolute cracker of a day Bass fishing yesterday and with Bec spending the day at work, She was keen to have a fish and get in on all the action.

So we decided to head out and hit the road around 6am. By the time we got there a few punters were already in the mix pulling in some good Bass. We riggied up and a couple lessons on how to use/retrieve hard bodied lures and away we went. Things were a bit slow at first and many different techniques tried with no luck, with Bec casting well and using the lures I moved to a nearby pool of water and within minutes hooked up to this nice Bass.

post-8859-144598604463_thumb.jpg

A few happy snaps and away he went, I decided that a lure change was in order and got a new Atomic Hardz lure which looked like the biz and got Bec to try it out... 1st cast & Bec hooked up on her 1st Bass, needless to say it was quite fun to see her catch her 1st Bass !! I had more fun watching her trying to hold its mouth for the pics :woohoo:

post-8859-144598604474_thumb.jpg

A short while passed and Bec's form was getting better with longer and more accurate casts, then out of the corner of my eye I see her wrangling the rod and at first I thought it was a snag but then Bec was pretty excited tackling a decent sized Bass, a couple minutes later and Bec caught this nice beast !!!

post-8859-144598604484_thumb.jpg

We only fished for a couple hours and caught a couple more small Bass before we had to leave......

After a few errands run Bec wanted to go back for another crack, the action was quite slow with a couple small Bass caught, and for me catching 2 more Eel Tail Catfish, both on Hard Bodies & even a spinner bait :dry:

post-8859-144598604493_thumb.jpg

It was a great day out and Bec had a blast catching her 1st Bass, followed by a great sized Bass!!! We also saw a couple Yella's caught as well I was quite suprised !

Also bumped into a couple AFO'ers again today, Perky nice to meet you and your bro today, glad I was able to inspire you to get out for a Bass hunt !! :)

That's it for the Bass I think, time to hit the salt water again :)

Thanks for reading :)

congrats to the missus on her first bass good report and more eeltail catties on lures

Mate those dam catties are becoming my specialty, 3 or 4 now caught on lures erggghhh

The last one I caught really got me excited i thought i hit the jackpot but once again was a pesky cattie :S

Archived