Tyres and Brakes

AZZA

Well the time has come that I need to fit new shoes to the trailer. The existing ones are cracking up and if I dont bite the bullet and do it, I will be one of those guys you see on the side of the road with the cranky Mrs standing beside the boat while I go for part. Also need to do the bearings and the brake rotors need a good machining. Is anybody in the tyre game or the brake trade?

i just put some new yokohamas on mine, 14 inch tyres for like $89 each fitted and heard good reports about em, those nankang have gone through the roof i believe cos apparently they used to be the only producers of trailer type tryes , that is until now, so shop around, i got mine from bob jane, if this helps, and also on your rotors, brake ppl wont really want to machine the rotors cos it will damage the diamond tip on the machine.

Oh I fully intend to do the bearings myself don't know about the ten minutes bit. Will do the lot service brakes calipers rotors thought I may have got away with out replacing rotors. Trailer is seven years old now so well over due for some love

Archived