Big Tarp - any suggestions?

kmcrosby78

Hey all,

Going camping at Inskip from Wed to Mon. Looked at our tarps (raided the inlaws last year so only getting around to checking what size they are now) on the weekend and they aren't as big as we'd like.

Had a look at Bunnings and Super Cheap and best price was about $100 for a Heavy Duty 5m x 7m one, which isn't too bad.

Does anyone know of any other places that may be able to do better? I just checked the Anaconda website and they don't seem to have any??????????? Under the 'Shelter' heading they only had tents and swags.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Kelvin.

Mate, go see graham from Oztrail down at logan and he'll sort you out.

Noname and Straddiebrad know him well - search the posts for oztrail and you'll get an idea of what i'm on about.

He distributes oztrail gear and can get you a biiiiiiiiigggggg tarp for cheap!!!

Nat

Kelvin,

I'd second what Nat has suggested. Graham fixed me up with a really good deal, he sells the real good heavy duty stuff. Keep in mind you'll need pegs, guy ropes, poles and possibly spreader bars. It'll add up!

Eug

Hi Kelvin - It certainly does add up. The spreader bar alone is usually around $100. If you do not want to outlay it all now mate You are welcome to borrow whatever you need for the holiday.

Cheers Nat, Eug and Ted. Think I'll give him a call and head down tomorrow arvo - good excuse to call into Austackle while I'm down that way!!!!!!!

Thanks for the offer Ted, but think we'll just buy one as plan to do plenty of camping over the ensuing years. Just need to decide how big now, but I think 5m x 7m will prob be about right. Missus wants to have the tarp over the tent and then have the rest out the front as a communal area, but I don't really think it needs to go over the tent. We'll see who wins that one!!!!

Already have 6 poles so will grab a few more and some guy ropes.

Thanks again, will let you know how it all worked!!!!

Kelvin.

Hi there guys, i too could do with a big tarp as am camping rover over easter and need a comunal area for 20 or so, could someone pm me the number?? be much appreciated as can't find a listing for logan, only Darra, am passing through logan tomorrow so might pop in.

cheers

Noname and Straddiebrad know him well - search the posts for oztrail and you'll get an idea of what i'm on about.

He distributes oztrail gear and can get you a biiiiiiiiigggggg tarp for cheap!!!

Nat

he is only there saturdays from 8-until 3 or so i cant find his number but rob may have it.

Nat

he is only there saturdays from 8-until 3 or so i cant find his number but rob may have it.

Ok no worries, but where is he in Logan??

cheers

Archived