Chasing tailor in the bay 16/4

spilt milk

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster here so thought it was time i posted my first report!.

Decide that i was going to hit up mud island early saturday morning before the wind picked up too much,so loaded up the tinny and left Pinkenba boat ramp just after 5 am with the plan of stopping at the poo pipe gathering some live bait and heading out to mud for a morning session.

On my way out to mud i noticed a lot of birds circling and swooping into the water over the mud flats between luggage point and nudgee beach. I stopped in the shipping channel and quickly tied a metal slug on to my plastics rod and headed out to chase the birds.

My first cast was in the water for less than 5 seconds and i was on, reeled it in towards the boat with it doing some nice aerial displays on the way only for it to spit the lure next to the boat.I chased the school around for about an hour all across the flats and ended up with 6 Tailor in the boat and lost roughly 15-20 doing aerials and spitting the lure it. Biggest i ended up with in the boat was 46cm smallest was 37 with a few big horsies dropped along the way.

The catch

20110416091033.jpg

what size slug did you use? and were you just clicking over and winding like F when it hit the water? or letting it sink? thanks

The slug i used is around 65mm and weighs 60g.

20110418174758.jpg

I generally just casted in to the school and started winding straight away, if i didn't get on straight away i would pause the lure for a second then start winding real fast again and it did the job.

thanks for the comments guys, was an awesome morning

Archived