Tai's 60cm plus North Pine R.

rayke1938

Well it all started with meeting ray at the gate nice and early, even before the roosters could fart. A quick chat, and with our gear all set up, it was a short walk before we got to the spot.

Despite the water running over the weir, it was glassed out with the whole environment next to perfect for some bass.

It was only a few minutes in before Ray picked up the first bass of the day. A few minutes later then it was my turn, then his, then mine. Well this went on for a while before i had my live shrimp smashed! My new tcurve was given a nice solid work out and after 5 minutes of my reel screaming, up came an eel! :evil: I was hoping it would be a bass over 60cm :lol:

Anyway, the bass were on every few minutes, not big, but still a bass. Still good fun.

Bumped into a few fellow AFOers - Rocket, Kiwifisho, Doobsy and his partner. It was nice to meet you all!

Had a go with all sorts of lures that looked good enough even for me to eat, but no hits. Fishing well with bait.

Left at 10.30 and ended with 21 bass, 1 eel and 1 massive lung fish which busted me off just after saying boo at the surface.

sweet short session! Ray, thank you for your pleasant company as usual!

cheers

post-4323-144598607776_thumb.jpg

looks nice and fishy

post-4323-144598607809_thumb.jpg

post-4323-144598607782_thumb.jpg

Ray getting his army rods ready - camo stick doing the damage again

post-4323-144598607787_thumb.jpg

Greedy little sucker

post-4323-144598607792_thumb.jpg

post-4323-144598607796_thumb.jpg

post-4323-1445986078_thumb.jpg

post-4323-144598607805_thumb.jpg

was that 60cm or 60mm good going fellas any bass is a good bass i might have to try and find some shrimp for bait when they are of the lures

We also had a few fish take a swipe at the shrimp, immediately killing it but not taking it off the hook. Cast the dead shrimp back in and they seem to be also working well, shrimp dead or alive.

haha my over 60cm was my eel. It went near the 1m mark. Lungfish was devasting on the 4lb line. Took around 10 mins of blistering runs and eventually the sheer size and power of it busted me off.

Cheers

Looks like it was a good day out. Yummy fresh water eel B) Did you try any lures?

hey den, we tried all sorts of lures, from chubbys,poppers, deep divers, cicadas just to name a few but not even a sniff from the bass. Tried different colors too.

Archived