Hervey Bay Flathead... love cheap lures!!!

Clevo_31

Gday all.

Spent the last two nights and days fishing up at hervey bay around the base of the pier, river heads boat ramp and Gatackers Bay. Managed to catch my first ever flathead and totaled 4 for the weekend up to 60cm! had one for dinner too last night and must say they make a great meal! Also caught a 2kg puffer fish lol, he took my lure when i let it float right next to a rock, almost bit the end off it! Snapped the treble as well lol.

Managed everything on a Berkely frenzy minnow in the gold/bronze colour... best $3.50 I have ever spent on terminal tackle!

post-8467-144598610078_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Jordan

Nice one. Will have to grab some, I reckon the small frenzy lures would be sweet little bass lures. Sick of losing 20 dollar lures to snags continuously. B)

Learn how to swim Dan, I have only lost two lures in the past three months :PB):lol: Also, fishing from the tupperware has helped a great deal.

Nice lizards by the way mate, I only ever hear good things about the frenzy's.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Thanks guys.

Yer, noticed certain colours are always missing from the shelves there =p... so drove around a few of the stores today and managed to pick up a few for the weekend down at kingscliff =D. Will definatly be keeping my eye open for when they restock!!!

ryanyoung: that made me laugh, I actually have done that before , just not so keen on swimming/wading/sticking my hand in water I cant see through though!!!

Noticed the big "mungo" frenzy lures there today... was almost tempted to drag one of them around and try for monster flatties and jew lol.... though thought I would look a bit silly =p

Archived