new guy at UQ

Kayakerdude91

Hey ya guys,

My name is Jim (but my new aussie friends have dubbed me 'Jimbo') and im from the States (Illinois). I go to the University of Queensland (not on exchange, but here to stay) and im into kayaking, fishing, and having a good laugh. I haven't been able to get my flyrod yet (still in the mail) but i kayak very often as a local kayaking instructor. can't wait to get out and wet a line and meet you guys :)

Hey ya guys,

My name is Jim (but my new aussie friends have dubbed me 'Jimbo') and im from the States (Illinois). I go to the University of Queensland (not on exchange, but here to stay) and im into kayaking, fishing, and having a good laugh. I haven't been able to get my flyrod yet (still in the mail) but i kayak very often as a local kayaking instructor. can't wait to get out and wet a line and meet you guys :)

Welcome to the site Mate, you will find alot of great advise and people who are willing to help in all areas of fishing. ;)

Welcome Jim :)

hey, back home i did a lot of seakayaking but over here, im in the UQ canoeing/kayaking club which gives me plenty of choices on what to kayak in (also cheaper! ;) ) and i also instruct in the city on kangaroo point. im doing International Relations along with spanish (lot of reading, but perfect to do on the bank when the fishing a bit slow)

hi dude. how're you doing. nice to see another yank in st lucia. too many californians :P. one of my mates just went back to lafayette, AL. he did pretty well on the fish in the river, so i dont see why you shouldn't too. hehe

anyway, hit me up with a PM when you're settled in and i'll see if i can tee up a session with eug and 51mple sometime

Hey mate also check out the more social events that we run at AFO.

The Winter Camp and State OF Origin namely.

Getting along to one of these will really open your eyes to what the community had to offer. In addition they are great comps aimed at being fun as well as competitive.

There are almost always deckie spots available for said events although this might not be required if you have a fishing kayak.

Cheers mate and welcome again.

Angus

Archived