What's biting in Hervey Bay end of May?

Bluevien

Hey guys and gals, I am taking the boat up to Hervey for 3 days end of this month with my son and a mate. We are staying close to the boat harbour so we will be within easy reach of most places and really looking forward to it.

I have searched the forum so have some ideas of areas to fish and gather live bait. We are keen to get into the reefies and some palegics but just not sure what will be biting that time of year up there. Any advise would be greatly appreciated as it will help us get our heads around some target species. And if you have any "go to" spots that you know of just to confirm our plan, that would be great too.... not after GPS marks but just a general nudge in the right direction.

We might even hit the peer one night so see what's biting there.

Cheers,

Rob

Het mate was up there 2 weeks ago and caught a few goldens, still a few queen fish caught up on the flats along the Fraser coast. Most of the locals are now waiting for the snapper to fire up as this would probably be your best bet with the above mentioned species becoming more of a by catch!!

Water up there was still kinda warm though so you never know

Even only a few days ago I heard of tuna still being caught as well

Good luck mate looking forward to a report! Manni

Thanks Manni, that's good to know. Hoping to get onto the trevs too so will have to go popper shopping.

Hay Rob good luck hope you catch some great fish, I have family who live in Hervey Bay and keep telling me to drive up and stay for a week. I was thinking i just might do that and take along my boat..But i will need to go shopping again for rods/reels to sute that sort of fishing.....Good luck Rob ;):)

Cheers mate, have been hitting ebay up pretty hard lately to get ready for the trip and now I'm just fine tuning the little things. My mate I am going up with has been a few times and his stories and pictures got me motivated to take some time off and have a go at some species we don't get as much of down here.

Will definitely submit a report if things turn out as planned.

Anyone else had any experience up there this time of year?

Archived