A few notes on new forum

Feral

1. When someone posts a photo, their ID and associated info does not show in the post, so you have no idea of who made the post.ADMIN NOTE: i think possibly a layout issue to be fixed soon

2. The \"show last 20 posts\" have become only 10 or so posts, that was the way I tracked activity on the forum, I'm sure I am missing posts now. ADMIN NOTE: FIXED

3. What happened to the ability to set the view of the forum appropriate to the width of ones screen (I think that might have been missing for a while, but with the new forum I have about 1cm of unused screen each side which I would rather have used!) ADMIN NOTE: Layout issue to be fixed soon

By the way, thanks for all the effort that goes into the forum!

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/12 23:12

Also when looking at community forum page there is a listing of the latest posts and the callender is a day ahead.

A few notes on new forum Feral Website Issues Monday, 04 June 2007 4

emo Re:Artificial reefs wello cleveland Oceandonkey Islands and Moreton Bay Monday, 04 June 2007 0

emo Artificial reefs wello cleveland Oceandonkey Islands and Moreton Bay Monday, 04 June 2007 43

emo Re:A cold cold river Feral Out of State/ Overseas Monday, 04 June 2007 0

emo

Ray

1. um... still dont quite understand what you mean in the first point.

2. shouldnt be too hard. ill look into it.

3. This feature is not part of the forum but of the site and is a known issue and is on the to do list. so stay tuned

sorry ray dont know which page you are talking about?

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/03 19:48

sorry ray dont know which page you are talking about?
After clicking on community then click on forum. at the bottom of the page is alisting of new posts. the callender on the right hand side is showing the wrong dates.

ray

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/05 20:37

The stats on the right hand side of the page no longer seem to be counting in the following catergories. Top forum posts and the top 10 posters.

The stats on the bottom of the forum page seem to be counting. Notice that winter camp is now most popular post.

Ray

ADMIN NOTE: this is now fixed (12 June 2007)

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/12 22:02

This could be me Or my comp.

But the link to Google on top of page jumps over the date etc on top rh corner. And the contacts heading is incomplete.Also the whole page is offset about 30mm.

Like I said might just be me.

ADMIN NOTE: Layout issue to be fixed

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/12 23:06

webmaster wrote:

1. um... still dont quite understand what you mean in the first point.

<br><br>Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/03 19:48

When someone posts an image 500pixels wide, it takes out the name , avatar etc, so you dont know whom posted it. In the attached pic of the screen, you can see that the info is missing from the post with the image, whilst there in the straight text post from Ray. It is in all threads someone posts a pic. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/issue.jpg

post-134-144598416806_thumb.jpg

Lozzel - that is a layout issue which we will be working on in the near future.

Ray - yes i notice now. will look into it

Feral - the persons info shows for me, albeit squashed. this will work better when i fix the site layout issues where u can go fluid width of the site to full screen.

Yep I can see your Av too Feral no dramas here

my only bitch and it's minor the random posts change every page and you cant get back to them :(

ie: I was waiting for a reply post to load and noticed a post in random posts and thought I'll have to check that one out but alass when I went back it had gone :pinch:

like I said no big issue

keep up the good work

Gaz

Angus wrote:

Feral i can see your avatar aswell when you post the 500 pixel picture????

I cant. my screen looks exactly as picture posted above, also the same when someone bungs in a long URL.

If its only poor old me, then its not much of an issue though!

Gazza, im afraid thats the nature of random posts. if they stayed the same, they wouldnt be random then.

Feral, we can have another look into this after i have changed the layout things we want to do and see if its still happening

Also everytime someone replies to a topic I have posted in an annoying email gets sent to my inbox. How do you stop them? It says I subscribed to something to get those emails when I didn't.

The forum was fine the way it was before I don't see a need to change the layout of it when it just confuses people.

Troy

Hey weeby

I used to be able to go to my profile and have a look at the forums I have posted to. I can't find that feature - has been removed or I not looking in the right spot?

ADMIN NOTE: Profile Forum Tab now FIXED

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/12 22:26

blue_mako wrote:

Also everytime someone replies to a topic I have posted in an annoying email gets sent to my inbox. How do you stop them? It says I subscribed to something to get those emails when I didn't.

The forum was fine the way it was before I don't see a need to change the layout of it when it just confuses people.

Troy

Troy websites requre upgrades and maintenance to stay up with latest security and technology advances as well as provide a better user experience. the layout is not that different at all

We are ironing out glitches. Bare with us and we will get it all sweeeet.

Angus

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/12 22:22

PM sent Brian.

Another unusual thing - the latest forum posts are not always showing up to the right of a thread. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. All work in progress I guess - just letting you know - it's not killing me.

ADMIN NOTE: FIXED

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/12 23:07

A few things seem to be changing on a daily basis . No big deal I suppose its all to do with the upgrades. My latest is that i had a link in my favorites which took me straight into the forum. Now I have to come via the home page which by itself is probably a good thing as i have just read the front page on the hinze trip and have probably been missing out on a few things in the past.

I also note that my posts total does not appear when i now make a new post.

Ray

ADMIN NOTE: Ray what is the link you are trying? Should still work!

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/12 23:09

ok to answer a few in one go.

forum needs upgrading to stay up to date with internet security, technology and new features. the forum now has new features, albeit small, which will in time become used greatly.

troy, what happened was that there was a short period where the subscribe to this topic was ticked by default so the posts you replied to during this period subscribed you to these, if you checked the subscribe checkbox you had the choice to untick it. however it is now changed so that is unticked by default and so if you want to subscribe you have to tick it. to unsubscribe you can go to your profile's forum tab and click unsubscribe on the posts there.

yes, we have now corrected the forum tab in your profile so you should see your forum posts and the topics you are subscribed to.

yes there is a weird thing happening at the moment whereby the information to the right of the forum is appearing sporadically on some pages and not on others. we are still to get to the bottom of this.

yes we are working on the site and the forum consistently and doing our best to provide a functioning, user friendly and good looking forum for everyone to enjoy. Please take this into consideration and realise we are doing our best to make this happen. we love the feedback as even though we try our best to test the site, we do miss things. thanks

Hey guys. Don't know if this is soemthing that you or i can fix. As you can see i have a huge amount of blue on either side of my screen, and also the \"latest posts\" bar from the right hand side dissapears since the new forum stuff.

Not to be a complainer or anything! Just putting it out there!

Cheers, Joel ;) [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ScreenHunter_001_AFO.jpg

post-217-144598417344_thumb.jpg

Obone the issue you are experiencing are related to some already discussed, these issues are layout issues and are known and are in the pipeline to be fixed. hopefully we will have them done by the end of the week, if all goes well. cheers

thanks for all the 'bugspotting'. we are getting there!!

things to fix (off the top of my head)-

- layout issues

- strange behaviour of info on right hand column not showing sometimes FIXED

- chat link is broken, will need to fix it to get into chatroom

- others...

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/06/12 23:13

Archived