Pine river Sat 2/6

bigtez

Went for a quick fish early on saturday morning in the pine. Got a few flatty's the biggest 50cm and a couple of trevs biggest 35cm FL. They were great fun on 4lb line. No bream though which is what i was chasing. All fish were taken on 75mm squidgy wrigglers in killer tomato and the red/yellow hot tails. Bring on next weekend.

Terry

Good work Terry, Flatties and Trevs are a lot better than nothing.

Were you shore based or in a boat?

Any tips on where to fish in this area? I'm a local but havn't fished the Pine for years and have just bought a little tinny, so any tips are appreciated.

Thanks

I was in a 395 Ally Craft Shadow.

I have had most luck on the rock walls on bends in the river, but most of the walls are worth a try. The trevs come from the wall down stream from castle hill.

For flatty's head up stream from DWB past the highway and on the right side of the river is 3 drains. Fish these on the run out tide and you should get a feed.

Also the flats opposite the Dohles Rocks boat ramp have also produced some flatties for me.

I only use lures and plastics but I would assume you would get similar results with bait.

Also if you are fishing between the highway and castle hill I try and do it before the wakeboarders start tearing up the creek and making it uncomfortable.

Terry

Feral,

There is a boat Ramp at Deep Water Bend.

I know they are going to be upgrading it in the near future, but for the time being it is a busy little spot, one lane only with pontoons near by.

Terry, thanks for the tips, I'll give em a go once I get my boat going

During the day DWB has been ok for me. There is always plenty of people moving around the carpark to scare off most trouble makers. At night it is a different story. I would be getting someone to drop the boat in and take your car and trailer home. I don't think the ramp at dohles rocks is much better at night. I used to deliver pizzas down that area and there was always a few suspect people hanging around.

Archived