Slam with Ultrabite SP's $9 for 10-24pks +postage

cboy69

http://www.graysonline.com/sale/2108935/sporting-leisure-goods/slam-stimulate-fish-lure-with-ultrabite?spr=true

Currently no one is bidding so it may cost more than $9 if bidding ever starts.

Any idea if they are any good? I thought it might be good to get a few packs to use instead of the gulps as they are costing me much$$$$

Big question is, will they catch fish?

Slam soft plastics are amazing. There is something to do with the scent that gets the fish everytime. They have been banned from tournaments as they are considered to good!

Banned from which tournaments?

Sorry Jack I wasn't having a go at you, it was a serious question, I'm not a tournament fisher or anything so I was genuinely interested to know :)

There large jerk shads are pretty similar to the gulp ones in appearance so I can't see why they wouldn't work. In saying that I have seen them in the bargain bins of alot of shops/websites.

Got my first lure caught fish on a slam, after that not much on them. Don't seem to have enough action built into them like gulps and wrigglers and the like.

I think I caught my first sp flattie on a white one! . Also found them to have very little action (too stiff)

The seals on the packs they come in are no good and leak everywhere and they dry out fast. they dont rehydrate too well either like the gulps in my experience. I still buy them when in the bargain bins though

but once opened put in a better sealing bag.

Got my first lure caught fish on a slam, after that not much on them. Don't seem to have enough action built into them like gulps and wrigglers and the like.

I think I caught my first sp flattie on a white one! . Also found them to have very little action (too stiff)

The seals on the packs they come in are no good and leak everywhere and they dry out fast. they dont rehydrate too well either like the gulps in my experience. I still buy them when in the bargain bins though

but once opened put in a better sealing bag.

Exactly the same as me mate, flattie on a white slam :lol: I found the seals quite crappy too.

• 2 months later...

Flatties will hit anything :P

I dont know if its a confidence thing but I have not really had any luck on my slams. Given them a fair working out as well. Its hard to continue with a plastic when you flog the hell out of them and then out another brand on and get hits right way. The SLAMS feel a bit rigid/hard/firm or whatever.

If fish are on fire I am sure they will work fine but they are not my cup of tea.

Angus

Flatties will hit anything :P

I dont know if its a confidence thing but I have not really had any luck on my slams. Given them a fair working out as well. Its hard to continue with a plastic when you flog the hell out of them and then out another brand on and get hits right way. The SLAMS feel a bit rigid/hard/firm or whatever.

If fish are on fire I am sure they will work fine but they are not my cup of tea.

Angus

Im in the same boat as you Angus, these SP have never done me any good. I have heard more bad things about Slams then good things. So now i stay clear of them :dry:

Thats my 2'cents anyway ;)

Cheers

Darren

Archived