Checking other peoples crab pots???

Gordo

Interesting thing happened when i went out to boggy creek on Sunday, as soon as i arrived there i saw this guy drop his crab pot at a spot then left. About 1 and a half hours later i saw these different 2 guys come in their boat and pulled up the other guys crab pot for a check then left. Lucky they didn't steal it. It this a common thing? has anyone seen this before?

Crab pot theft is common and bloody annoying. I have had a few stolen over the years. Some people, like these guys most likely were, dont even steal the pot, just the crabs. Hard to know you have even been robbed then. I would have taken the boats details and told the other bloke if you saw him come back. I hate \"dobbing\" however i have no sympathy for thieves.

Angus

Yeah that sounds like a great idea Kiara but they were 50 metres away. I'll have my camera ready next time. I was going to take down there details but they didnt come back my way :angry:

The thing is they did it in broad day light and they could see me. Very dishonest and gutless. I didnt stick around much after that happened ,i should have though.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. i went fishing at jacobs well and put 2 pots around a creek mouth and came back an hour later and they were no where to be seen. the pricks took the whole lot. its onl yhappened to me once and i havnt really crabbed since i dont like leaving them out of sight for long.

We had a boat load of guys head into a creek where we had set the pots, they stayed in there a bit too long so we headed in to see what they were up to and just before we got into the Creek they came out, gave u a quick wave and kept on going. We went to our pots and the closest one to the mouth had the clip undone and a muddy swimmer in the mesh at the entrance. Think we gave them a bit of a scare so they didn't have time to do the clip back up....@##$%'s

Archived