A couple of bass

dansike

You forgot to mention the sexy ranga you met down there that took two 52cm fish on a skitterpop. good seeing you again mate, looking forward to our last minute sortie on tuesday!

haha, yeh i have you in my phone as "Big Ranga"

Let's not ever talk about that day again. :(

Snick? You want that photo I took? Will load up the camera tonight and send along.

Malram i was talking about the sat before i met you, first time i met Dansike. would love the pic, email or post it here if thats quicker. I'm sure these guys would like to see it.

That was a bit of a bad day for you, but not an utter disaster. You got heaps of practice changing lures and we all did out bit for the economy replacing lost lures! Not to mention a respectable catfish, i'v only ever taken five of them on lures before. Better than nothing if you ask me.

Anybody ever see a catty take a surface lure? Mate and i took my canoe out just below somerset a few years back,started out tossing surface lures (as you do) and got a lot of hits. first hook up came after a fair few missed takes and my mate got absolutly steam rolled.

They turned out to be huge catty's, even tried trolling minnows to get away from them but we just caught larger ones! Ended up pinning some large bass later on in the morning but it was the size and agro of those catfish i remember most from that dawn sortie.

Are you serious??!! Catties on surface lures? AND trolling minnows? WOW!! Jeez and I always thought they were lazy. I only ever caught 'em SLOW rolling along the bottom. Jumbo catties can be fun sometimes, but certainly not welcome while bass fishing.

Archived