Bass Fishing With Jords - North Pine

Manni79

I spent the morning yesterday with fellow AFO’ers at Pine Rivers Park to cull some of the Tilapia population. Was a little frustrating with 3 dropped Tilapia and the only thing landed being a turtle....

After a couple snag sandwiches, Jords and I decided to have a flick further up the North Pine river and catch a couple Bass. We hit the pumping station 1st with the intention of throwing some worms on a float and also flicking some hard bodies, silly me I left the worms back at PRP so we just had lures to play with. Some time spent flicking at the various snags but no love so we headed further up towards the Dam wall.

Jord’s hadn’t fished this spot before and the water level was a lot higher with recent water over flow so a couple quick tips where the rocks/snags are under the surface and he’s away. Second cast and he's on to a solid Bass well over 30cm (No Photo Taken though)

Things looking promising we get back in to the action with a random hit here and there but no hook up, meanwhile some guys using bait were catching lung fish after lung fish, we saw at least 5 or 6 caught which I was quite surprised that many were holding up in this spot, good fighting fish though and they hit the surface a few times going nuts.

With some water flowing out of a low grate, I wanted to get my lures near the flowing water and try my luck, this paid off with 4 Bass being landed, 1 dropped and a few other hits along the way.

During my little purple patch of catching Bass I would glance over to see Jords with his rod fully loaded but to find out he was snagged... poor guy lost about 8 lures :(

Just before we decided to leave the other guys left some bait so I figured would put a float back on and wasn’t long til the float disappeared and a battle was on, I had hopes of a decent Bass or Yella but was an Eel Tail Catfish, gave up a good fight so made it a little more fun!!

The heavens opened up after that and we decided to bail.....

Thanks for coming along for a fish Jords, we should head out again soon – bring plenty of cheap lures lol !!! :P:P

P.S Jords may have a pic or 2 to upload, I only took a couple - thanks for reading !!

post-8859-144598624125_thumb.jpg

post-8859-144598624137_thumb.jpg

Cheers mate, was good fun fishing with you too, nice to have a bit of company! I'm still a bit dirty that we bailed in the rain and threw out the bait, only to have the rain stop as we hiked back :angry: . Hahah mate already ordering a few ebay specials ;)

Here's a photo of Manni with one of his bass, the eel-tailed cattie photo didn't come up - water on the lens (gotta love the rain

post-529-144598624153_thumb.png

Here's my next lot of ebay lures...Total price? $25 :silly:

post-529-144598624172_thumb.png

post-529-144598624206_thumb.png

post-529-14459862422_thumb.jpg

post-529-144598624226_thumb.png

post-529-144598624261_thumb.png

post-529-144598624301_thumb.jpg

those lures look like a bargain ! :woohoo:

Yeah, probably won't arrive for 3 or 4 weeks, and only half of the will swim :silly: . But Even so, I'd rather a dozen average lures to one 'you beut' lure, especially when I have a session like yesterday when I lose 8 lures in a session :blink: :pinch:

Archived