AFO Merchandise - Online store?

taib

Hey Ango, sorry for bringing this up again but is there any news on when the afo online merchandise store will be up and running?

Im sure there are alot of people waiting to buy afo merchandise which will help raise funds and support Bfo.

Cheers

Tai the shop is as good as done. But there stocks of AFO merchandise are extremely limited at present.

AFO has over the last year or so invested all its resources (and then some) to ensure the site is just running as smoothly as possible.

If some of the events go well this year we will hopefully look at exanding the range or at least re ordering popular items.

Angus

Thanks Angus,

A lot of people appreciate the resources required to run a 'site such as AFO.

Some other forums have the facility for members to donate to the cause and have that kudos applied to their profile. e.g. Bronze/Silver/Gold/platinum Donating member. Any chance AFO has a similar programme in the pipeline for those members who are able to help with donations towards Administration costs?

Doobsy when we upgraded the server a couple of years ago we actually did have this. Its amazing the feedback we receieved from some ill informed members accusing us of "rolling in it" due to these donations :unsure::P What makes this funnier is the fact that the people who complain are also those that dont donate, buy merchandise or attend events and thus get everything AFO offers online for free but whatever.

Anyway, we are not in the habit of discussing business details openly as, well its just not good form but in light of this I guess we try pretty hard to generate all required revenue through sales of services whether or not these be tangible (merchandise) or intangible (events etc).

I would make the suggestion if anyone did want to dontate anything, register for the Moreton Bay Classic! This way the site benefits from increased revenue and the punter even if they dont fish stands a chance at winning a cheeky 1K :). As good as buying a raffle ticket to support the nippers :P

Angus

can you please post bank acc details etc somewhere? I'd like to donate a little from time to time but don't know how...... think it's only fair as I spend so much time reading this forum and I'm sure a lot of other users could afford to give even just $5. It'll all add up and help everyone to keep enjoying this resource in the long term.

Both good ideas.

I wasn't going to enter this year as I'm not a fan of the week-long format but I'll enter anyway just to have a crack at the lucky door. ;)

If there was a link on the home page that people could donate through when they have a spare tenner, it might help build some capital for stock for the store.

I'd LOVE a AFO Militia hoody right about now... :(

All good points. We have lots of plans but as usual the time we do have is taken up by ensuring the site performs well, moderating misbehaving users, tidying up the forum etc.

Hopefully we can get onto these items soon, the shop is scheduled to return soon (i know we have said this many times in the past) but hopefully it will happen in the next few weeks cross fingers.

As Angus has said, one easy way to support the site is to enter into the Moreton Bay Classic event. You have a very good chance of winning $1000 cash, so to really help AFO get your friends and family registering as if we can make money on this event (sometimes we don't make any money at all, sometimes we lose money) that goes to paying for the site hosting.

We know that we will have to review our overall plan/strategy soon as currently financially the site is costing us personally quite a lot of money.

Both good ideas.

I wasn't going to enter this year as I'm not a fan of the week-long format but I'll enter anyway just to have a crack at the lucky door. ;)

If there was a link on the home page that people could donate through when they have a spare tenner, it might help build some capital for stock for the store.

Hey Mate, i'm looking at hiring a boat for a day or two for the MBC, come along and we can just have a fish !! if we score a decent fish sweet, otherwise still a good excuse to get out on the water !!

Actually guys speak of the devil but I have lined up a really good vinyl cutter and designder and will be making a thread tonight to take orders (with pictures) of a brand new run of AFO Vinyl Boat/Car stickers.

Ill add photo's in the article tonight.

If anyone wants to support AFO buying a couple of these is a great way to start and it helps get the name out there as well :)

Angus

Actually guys speak of the devil but I have lined up a really good vinyl cutter and designder and will be making a thread tonight to take orders (with pictures) of a brand new run of AFO Vinyl Boat/Car stickers.

If anyone wants to support AFO buying a couple of these is a great way to start and it helps get the name out there as well :)

Angus

Good stuff mate, the stickers on the yak have long since peeled off. I'll grab a handfull for sure B)

Both good ideas.

Hey Mate, i'm looking at hiring a boat for a day or two for the MBC, come along and we can just have a fish !! if we score a decent fish sweet, otherwise still a good excuse to get out on the water !!

OK cool, sounds good. Keep me posted on which days.

Angus

Good stuff mate, the stickers on the yak have long since peeled off. I'll grab a handfull for sure B)

he he and my old car has worn out from under the afo sticker si i'll need a sticker for the new one

Archived