Water Spouts , Whales and a PB Jobfish

tugger

Went out with Nathan and Lindsay today all AFO crew to fish offshore with great expectations of good weather and big fish. The weather was perfect all day with a few storms in the distance giving us a spectacular display.

post-4390-144598629081_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598629086_thumb.jpg

post-4390-144598629091_thumb.jpg

The whales are starting to show up again with a few spotted jumping out wide of us. On the fishing scene it was a slowish day but we persisted and made sure we had livies out the back while still chasing reefies as well. Always happy to see a big parrot show up.

post-4390-144598629115_thumb.jpg

A few big hits on livies with a big green jobfish taking a live trevaly and my new PB going over 110cm and 17kg

post-4390-14459862912_thumb.jpg

Nathan got another smaller jobfish as well earlier before the big 1 hit

post-4390-144598629127_thumb.jpg

Lindsay got a good moses perch and in the end we slowly put together a feed with everyone getting the usual solid runs with bust offs at the end, bloody unstopables

post-4390-144598629132_thumb.jpg

By the way Nathan did you end up with anything on those plastics :P

Awesome catch as usual. Those shots of the water spout are great! you should send them to the news, they will put them up in the weather report. Does anyone else see what looks like a marlin jumping into the water spout in the first pic? or am I going crazy haha

Yeah Henry another silver trev and hooked him on the back stinger treble hook and we floated another trev straight out only to last 5 minutes before it got taken to the bottom without us getting to it

massive jobfish there.. awesome catch. Was it another big silver trev that you used mate?

Just read up about them in Ernie Grants guide to fishes book and it says that Rosie jobfish grow to 90cm long and 10 kg but the green jobfish grow to just on the meter mark and 16kg but this puppy was over 1.1m and just on 17kg. The other interesting thing it said was they hunt in packs of 4 or 5 big fellas and we had another livie put out straight away then not lasting more than 5 minutes before being taking to the bottom with it more than likely another big jobie :dry:

Unbelievably cool jobie. Christ, how big do they grow never thought they went much over 10kg.

Had a search on the 'net last night and I could only find references for Jobies getting up to max. 1.1 so looks like it is a 'Holy Grail' fish.

I know I'll never forget those teeth trying to eat their way through the net. Congrats again on such a monumental catch and the privilege to go out again on the TuggBoat.

Thanks,

Lindsay

The holy grail mmmmmmm i should of bathed in its blood and to think there was probably a few of them there that morning good to know i got close to catching a fish near its max its like old man against old man

Had a search on the 'net last night and I could only find references for Jobies getting up to max. 1.1 so looks like it is a 'Holy Grail' fish.

I know I'll never forget those teeth trying to eat their way through the net. Congrats again on such a monumental catch and the privilege to go out again on the TuggBoat.

Thanks,

Lindsay

The holy grail mmmmmmm i should of bathed in its blood and to think there was probably a few of them there that morning good to know i got close to catching a fish near its max its like old man against old man

If you remember, we did bath our feet in its blood for quite a while

Archived