Help for 4WD Fixed

Dinodadog

I have a 2006 rodeo 4wd and monday I put a new battery in it, now for some reason I have no 4wd. No lights light up on the dash and it does not engage 4wd. I have checked all the fuses and they are OK. Just asking before I go and spend good money for something that might only be easy to fix myself.

Thankyou Dino

http://www.kylestubbins.com/node/154#comment-5149

/>http://www.fixya.com/tags/isuzu_dash_lights/page-3

Also - are you sure you have checked ALL the fuses ? The Navara manual tells me there are two fuse clusters - one inside the car and one in the engine bay. There is actually a third that I only discovered after Googling a problem :S It was in a plain looking black box thathoused the car's computer and the fuses were in the lid.

Apart from that - could it be anything to do with entering the code into the radio ?

If you're an RACQ member they may be able to answer a question for free.

Yep it sounds like a simple fuse problem to me as it involves both the light on the dash and the engagement of 4wd which assumably is done by a button on the dash.

RACQ might assist although its not technically a break down (untill you sink the rear wheels in the lawn and cant climb out) or one of those workshop manuals in auto shops.

i reckon your (SOTF) Shift on the fly actuator is stuck. Its common if not put into 4wd regularily.

From memory its on the drivers side mounted on the front axle.

I had a similar porblem on an challenger i owned.

but yes check all fuses first.

Richard.

Dino, this is probably too late for you today, but for future need, if your an RACQ member,they have a phone up Technical advice service that is good. ph# (07)3666 9148...or outside area freecall 1800 623 456.

cheers

edit sorry :pinch: just for ellicat I added the missing number :whistle:

Thanks fellas my sons mech didnt want to know about it, he said take it to an auto elec. I rang RACQ tech advice and they said the same thing. So I'll be off to the auto elec in the morning. In the meantime I'll have a look for the actuator.

Thanks Dino

Archived