Scarborough Reef?? I give up

acoustics2010

Well I think I given up at Scarborough Reef (North Reef)

I have tried everything. Fishing the shallows, the deeper water, incoming tide, outgoing tide, drifting,night time, day time,live bait, plastics, etc etc.

You hear lots of good stories but I have none to tell, and I have fished this more than once trust me.

Does anyone have any info they could enlighten me with or is this reef just crap.

Also how about any other spots in the Redcliffe area that might fish better?

Snapper mainly.

Cheers guys

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, much appreciated.

I have tried everything like I said and do go before sunrise, incoming tides, and also sunset into the night.

I fish light with next to no sinker and always, always burley.

Just no success......

Also fish between the stick and green becon in about 6-7 meters and also 50m north of the stick in 4 meters.

I have wanted to go a bit closer to the redcliffe area from scarborough but am unsure of the area and don't want to hit any unseen structure...(feedback on this would also be great)

Any other spots to try around this area?

Thanks again guys

Shields Street reef + Garnet Rock...give them a go. :)

i lived in shields st as a kid and the old diggers were always pulling in great tailor and flatties while shorebased. sps would clean up now.

and for the random info buffs theres a u.s airforce p39 aerocobra off the second reef that crashed in 1942!!!!!!

heres a map of the reef http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=Shields+St,+Redcliffe+Queensland+4020&aq=&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=61.175757,102.304688&ie=UTF8&geocode=FbCrYP4d30wgCQ&split=0&hq=&hnear=Shields+St,+Redcliffe+Queensland+4020&ll=-27.219687,153.120725&spn=0.007642,0.012488&t=h&z=17

If you go to the end of Shields street at low tide you can see the reef sticking out of the water about 150mtrs out. There's a flashing beacon out a little further that makes it easy to find in the dark. Open google earth and search for Shields St Redcliffe. The reef can be seen clearly at the end of the street.

Forget plastics as it's plagued with pike at this time of the year. I took my daughter there last winter and she caught 50 pike in less than an hour on a wool jig.

Archived