New to Jigging

happywally

hey guys...

ive just ordered my new (and first) jiggin setup... the rod is rated for jigs between 120-240gm... PE 3-5...

i was wondering where about Brisbane, Sunny coast, and the goldie regions would i be able to jig for kingies and the like within the specs of my setup (ie. 120-240gm jigs)...

and does anyone know of any good jigging charters that service such waters?

cheers

Wally

Mate i've done plenty of jigging around Brisabne and surrounds, a few places to look up are Square Patch off Straddie, Hutchies north of Cape Moreton, Barwon Banks off Sunshine Coast, Tweed Nine Mile off the Tweed coast, the 50 fathom line east of Jumpinpin and numerous lumps and bumps that other people have marked. As for charters Bill Coreton, Smithy, John Gooding are all good local charters. Down the coast there is Seaprobe and off the Tweed there is RU4Reel. There's pleny of other charters but alot of them dont like people jigging with braid. Good luck jigging is addictive and awesome fun.

Cheers

Mark

Mate i've done plenty of jigging around Brisabne and surrounds, a few places to look up are Square Patch off Straddie, Hutchies north of Cape Moreton, Barwon Banks off Sunshine Coast, Tweed Nine Mile off the Tweed coast, the 50 fathom line east of Jumpinpin and numerous lumps and bumps that other people have marked. As for charters Bill Coreton, Smithy, John Gooding are all good local charters. Down the coast there is Seaprobe and off the Tweed there is RU4Reel. There's pleny of other charters but alot of them dont like people jigging with braid. Good luck jigging is addictive and awesome fun.

Cheers

Mark

cheers mate which of these places would suit jigs between 120-240gms?

Square Patch, the 50 fathom line and the Barwon Banks would all be better with the heavier 240gm jigs and Hutchies and Tweed Nine Mile would suit the lighter jigs like 100gm. This can vary alot with the current though as it changes on a day to day basis and sometimes you'll need heavier other times you can get away with a lighter jig.

Cheers

Mark

Square Patch, the 50 fathom line and the Barwon Banks would all be better with the heavier 240gm jigs and Hutchies and Tweed Nine Mile would suit the lighter jigs like 100gm. This can vary alot with the current though as it changes on a day to day basis and sometimes you'll need heavier other times you can get away with a lighter jig.

Cheers

Mark

cheers mate thanks for the info.

really appreciate it.

i assume there are kingies at these spots?

Archived