Sat morn in da bay

jimjim

Early start sat morn jigged up some yakas which the greasy cod fell victim to, fished the northern part of the bay.Plenty of other species but this is my pb cod, plenty of surface action chased mac tuna around for a couple of hours and put on some nice specimens, had cod for dinner, lunch and now tea again tonight :) He went 98cm and 18kgs

post-3071-14459863025_thumb.jpg

post-3071-144598630255_thumb.jpg

post-3071-144598630259_thumb.jpg

mate mainly picked up squire bagged out in the first 45mins just as first light hit, with the surface action there were no birds workin just a massive school of mac tuna workin on bait. They were hungry because i drove over the top of em by accident a couple of times and they only went down for about 30secs, the closest boat i could see in the distance was a good 5 klms away awesome when you get a whole school for yourself for a couple of hours. As for the rod and reel i use this as a jigger or live baiter its a shimano spheros 18000f with a saragosa handle upgraded Jack erskine carbontex drag washers loaded with 80lb tufline xp, the rod is a 5/6 catalina jig stick 50lb.

Cheers jamie

Archived