Aust Salmon

SteveG

fished the gold coast this morning targeting bream and flatties. between us we picked up a few legal flatties on SP's but I also landed a 65cm Australian Salmon on a bit of fresh tailor.

He hoovered it straight to the stomach then put in a few runs and a couple of jumps near the boat before entering the net. Good fun on light gear and not too bad in the pan either.

post-8918-144598630363_thumb.jpg

I could be wrong but I think sanctuary cove is a part of the Coomera river?

If so how were the nutters on PWC and wakeboarders? Whenever I fish down there on the weekend (I try not to though) the fish are scarce and very hard to tempt.

Shaun

Have caught many of those back in NZ, quite nice baked,onion,garlic,seasoning,lemon slices, tomatoes, butter, bit of sweet thai chilli sause, wrapped in foil. Also taste better in steaks, as opposed to fillets... They are very much like tailor, also need to be bleed, can put up a dam good fight, and no chance of getting your fingers munched if your going into its mouth to retrieve the hook.. Well done mate

Great catch mate. :woohoo:

Must say I'm a little sad to see them this far north this early in winter. Means it will be an average pelagic season next summer after those boys suck all the bait fry out of the ocean. They are great fun to catch though!!

said benno573 quote:[Must say I'm a little sad to see them this far north this early in winter. Means it will be an average pelagic season next summer after those boys suck all the bait fry out of the ocean. They are great fun to catch though!!]

agree 100% with thse sentiments

said hokianga quote:[quite nice baked,onion,garlic,seasoning,lemon slices, tomatoes, butter, bit of sweet thai chilli sause, wrapped in foil.]

unfortunately as a table fish it`s very extremely low on the palate taste test herbs, spices, seasonings and other additives is the only way to get taste into this fish

Have caught many of those back in NZ, quite nice baked,onion,garlic,seasoning,lemon slices, tomatoes, butter, bit of sweet thai chilli sause, wrapped in foil. Also taste better in steaks, as opposed to fillets... They are very much like tailor, also need to be bleed, can put up a dam good fight, and no chance of getting your fingers munched if your going into its mouth to retrieve the hook.. Well done mate

cheers mate....cooked it up the same day I caught him pretty much as you mention above. I looked after him well as soon as he came on board (i.e bleed and straight on ice). Tasted great but wouldn't push my luck by freezing it.

Archived