Mud Mixed Bag

Bluevien

Had a quick solo fish at Mud today and picked up a nice little mixed bag. It was an early start, or so I thought, getting there just after 6am only to find 5 other boats already anchored around the usual areas.

Started off soaking pillies and prawns while I flicked some plastics but nothing was really happening so I changed the prawn to fresh mullet fillets and the bites started. The snap in the pic was the first fish in the boat so it does pay to start early. Had forgotten how hard bream at this size fight as it's been a while hooking one this big.

There was plenty of small stuff to keep things ticking over in between the pillies getting some attention by something biting me off three times. No tuskies this time which did surprise me too. As the morning wore on the water got calmer and more boats came out to play so it was time to head home. Mud has been good to me lately with the last 2 trips being productive but the fish are just a bonus as it's a pleasure to be on the water with the great weather we are having.

Cheers,

Rob

6June11005.jpg

You've definately got your mojo going Rob

Do you leave from the river at fish island

Been doing alright with the bay snaps lately Tug. I launch from Nudgee. It was only a 25 min trip out today including 5 minutes waiting to cross the channel. It was like grand central station.

Archived