Hobie Outback Kayak (SOLD)

Guy_H

Its awesome - 610C with a 115 yammy, fold down roof etc so I can get it under the carport - ticked all the boxes for me. Spent 6 months trying to get a good used one, but not many people part with them!

Customised it a fair bit for storage / lighting & a downrigger, but she's a great fishing machine straight out of the box!

Thanks Guy. I've always thought they look like a good practical bit of kit but have never been onboard one. Do you find it comfortable for both boating and fishing ?

Its great, my first "big" boat, overnighted at Tangalooma recently when it blew up something fierce, was pretty comfortable for 2 - only complaints are with the roof lowered & heading into the rough stuff, visibility is ordinary, and the clears leak awkwardly & annoyingly. Kids love the half cabin, plenty of room to get around! If you wanted to carry more adults, then a few cushions for the rear fold down seat is a good idea. Unfortunately now my next dream boat would be 8.5 metres, 3 times the cost & wont fit down the driveway!

Can't really go wrong with a crusher.

Jono, mate, You've joined the dark side :evil: Welcome, make sure you use it, first trip can be up at Redcliffe on sunday, if the weathers alright :unsure:

haha turn it up dennis! - this ones actually for the old boy, however I will have 'finders' rights and may be allowed to borrow it occasionally. :P

I'll give you a call tomorrow buddy, my phone is cactus but I'll call you off my work phone re: fishing rod :)

Also, Guy was a great seller to deal with. He couldn't do enough to help a newbie and his gear is in great condition. He even threw in a heap of stuff that wasn't part of the original deal. Highly recommended and thanks again mate - Dad loves the yak :)

Also, Guy was a great seller to deal with. He couldn't do enough to help a newbie and his gear is in great condition. He even threw in a heap of stuff that wasn't part of the original deal. Highly recommended and thanks again mate - Dad loves the yak :)

Cheers Jono, Nice to catch up with you - get him out in Norman creek to get used to it (No sightings of 4m Bull sharks lately :silly: )

Archived