Hienze beauties

Dinodadog

I have my son visiting from Texas USA and he wanted to catch some bass while in Australia, so we slipped down to Hienze dam as Ray said the bass were on the chew there. Well he was telling no lies as there was plenty to get into. We got heaps of bass 3 large catties and a heap of those nasty banded grunter. Trolling never yielded any fish and as we had a heap of shrimp we never got around to doing any casting to the edges.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

post-1453-144598632515_thumb.jpg

William with his best

post-1453-144598632527_thumb.jpg

another nice bass

post-1453-144598632536_thumb.jpg

Hint to anyone heading down to the tempory ramp at the easten side look up google and dont take any notice of the Hienze dam signs like I did, they all lead you back to the dam wall which is closed. I wasted a whole hour going around in circles.

Look for the Mudgerybar to Springbrook and follow it until you turn onto the Little Nerang road, next turn onto Range road and when you getto the top of hill there is a gate over to the left, with a few signs in front of it.

yes there was a bit of wind to start with early but it glassed out quickly. We were greeted at the ramp by a little bantam rooster and my son said if the fishings no good we might have to eat chicken tonight. Ray told me that thier used to be about a dozen of them.

Hinze will be the best lake in queensland to fish over the the next year now that it is filling over new ground.

I don't know how many here have ever experienced fishing new lakes as they are filling but it can be incredible.

Those Bass will end up looking like footballs over the next 6-12 months as the water rises up over the new ground and this summer flicking lures around the lakes edges should be spectacular fishing.

Archived